News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Chromebook versions of the AMD Ryzen 7 3700 and Ryzen 5 3500 CPUs spotted in latest Chrome OS source code

Started by Redaktion, February 13, 2020, 17:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest Chrome OS update source code mentions the existence of Ryzen 7 3700C and Ryzen 3500C CPUs that appear to be derived from the Zen 2 desktop-grade CPUs. Additionally, the code also includes references for Athlon Silver 3050C, Athlon Gold 3150C and Ryzen 3 3250C APUs that include Vega iGPUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Chromebook-versions-of-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700-and-Ryzen-5-3500-CPUs-spotted-in-latest-Chrome-OS-source-code.453821.0.html

Wheeltalker

A little due diligence would not hurt before writing.  "Picasso" CPUs are, in fact, mobile-focused chips based on Zen+ and are not at all like the Ryzen 7 3700x (a "Matisse" desktop chip based on Zen 2).

william blake

good. volume/share=all. 14nm fabs can be helpful. anyhow, even fastest 4 cores is a midrange now, slightly outdated 4 cores is an upper lowend :)
(reminder about 2-core i7 just 3 years ago.)

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: Wheeltalker on February 13, 2020, 19:06:36
A little due diligence would not hurt before writing.  "Picasso" CPUs are, in fact, mobile-focused chips based on Zen+ and are not at all like the Ryzen 7 3700x (a "Matisse" desktop chip based on Zen 2).

I realized that after a short while from publication, made the modifications but sometimes it takes a while for these to show up. They should be up now.

kokko

I don't really understand why should Chromebooks be sub $500?
I would gladly buy one for $1400 if it had 4700U. We must not forget Chromebook has support for linuxapps, which again means we can install any linux software, including steam. While it is true that not every game will run in linux,I would happily go with that compromise if i get faster bootup speed, all of my needed windows apps through android market as well as conferencing apps where normal linux falls short.. and still get pretty much normal linux experience unlike in windows side where I  as a developer i live in emulator hell. It truly sounds like it could be best of both worlds. I would certainly buy one if there was one with 3700U chip or better and 16GB or more ram (that intellij eats ton of it)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview