News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 killer? Nvidia GeForce Now's Intel CC150 CPU and RTX T10-8 GPU tested on Geekbench and Ashes of the Singularity

Started by Redaktion, February 09, 2020, 11:24:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia's GeForce Now service has been spotted running tests on both Geekbench and Ashes of the Singularity. Although the results themselves are hardly mind-blowing, the Geekbench OpenCL score should give prospective PlayStation 5 buyers food for thought when considering the advantages of a cloud gaming service over console hardware.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-killer-Nvidia-GeForce-Now-s-Intel-CC150-CPU-and-RTX-T10-8-GPU-tested-on-Geekbench-and-Ashes-of-the-Singularity.453532.0.html

andreh

;D they should show the horrible lag this thing have, like google something, PS5 it will continue the best choice for consoles, local gaming or network and exclusives, this pseudo cloud games don't work at all

Notebook chat yikes

Imagine not being able to play games you BOUGHT without paying a subscription.

With Geforce Now you own nothing, if Nvidia decides to up the price or the service ends up being bad then sucks to be you. I would much prefer to not have Nvidia and ISPs being able to decide how my gaming experience would be, and whether I can game in the first place.

Anonymous

Quote from: Notebook chat yikes on February 10, 2020, 03:38:55
Imagine not being able to play games you BOUGHT without paying a subscription.

With Geforce Now you own nothing, if Nvidia decides to up the price or the service ends up being bad then sucks to be you. I would much prefer to not have Nvidia and ISPs being able to decide how my gaming experience would be, and whether I can game in the first place.

You are wrong. You are describing Stadia. Geforce Now simply exposes your Steam/Epic/Blizzard libraries and allows you to play *your* games on a virtual online PC. You are completely free to download the same games to your computer and play them offline, in fact you can't add new games to Geforce Now without purchasing them through one of the supported storefronts, like Steam. The games are yours forever. You can cancel your Geforce Now subscription anytime and you lose no game at all, only the convenience of being able to play them anywhere via streaming.

Marc

People who talk about cloud gaming live in an elite bubble. They're based in cities and are high earners with access to great Internet. That is not the same for most of the world. And to game with geforce now you still need 'something' to stream it and a controller, this assumes everyone has a laptop or Shield and a spare controller. With the knowledge to pair it. Again, most of the world do not fall in this category.

jeremy

Quote from: Marc on February 10, 2020, 15:44:00
People who talk about cloud gaming live in an elite bubble. They're based in cities and are high earners with access to great Internet. That is not the same for most of the world. And to game with geforce now you still need 'something' to stream it and a controller, this assumes everyone has a laptop or Shield and a spare controller. With the knowledge to pair it. Again, most of the world do not fall in this category.

People have already tested GN on junk tier computers on 10Mbps internet, and have come out with positive impressions.

While we are gatekeeping, we could say "not everyone has a computer, or 'high speed' [baugh!] internet."

ATI nsider

GeForce Now along with Stadia are garbage at the moment. PC Gaming and Console Gaming is where it's at. At least you can play non subscription games on PC and Consoles.
These lagging cloud gaming force subscription fees. No Thanks

Efuveo

The comments on this article are pure gold. I don't know what you guys are smoking but please stop.
QuotePeople who talk about cloud gaming live in an elite bubble
Quotewhat about VR
QuoteWith Geforce Now you own nothing

Actually, reading more comments, I actually wonder if this website if like TheOnion... Because there is no way people are this fucking stupid right? Do you guys even think about what you write? I can't even tell if you are trolling or bot. If you are, that's some high level trolling. If you are not, damn, I feel bad for you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview