News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Evidence of AMD-powered Apple hardware appears in macOS 10.15.4 beta 1

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2020, 14:14:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With macOS 10.15.4 due to arrive in March, a month when Apple typically refreshes some of its portfolio, people have been scouring the beta 1 build to unearth any hardware-related clues. One leaker has spotted a ton of references to AMD APU and GPUs, in what may be the first hint of an AMD-powered MacBook Pro being in development.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Evidence-of-AMD-powered-Apple-hardware-appears-in-macOS-10-15-4-beta-1.453159.0.html

Greenlentil

But why should they use AMD CPU's now, if they are switching to custom ARM CPU's anyway?

Spunjji

Quote from: Greenlentil on February 10, 2020, 02:33:25
But why should they use AMD CPU's now, if they are switching to custom ARM CPU's anyway?

ARM CPUs aren't there yet in terms of Pro level performance, so while Intel have been dragging their feet on 10nm and GPU performance an AMD powered MacBook could make a good stop-gap.

That's me playing devil's advocate - I don't personally think an AMD MacBook is very likely. I guess we'll see soon enough!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview