News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s with Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Thunderbolt 3, and 256 GB SSD is only $670 right now

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2020, 19:56:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad T480s is the lighter and slimmer version of the standard ThinkPad T480 to strike a better balance between a traditional lightweight Ultrabook and a full-on business laptop. The Core i5-8250U may not be the newest, but performance isn't all that different from the pricier Core i5-10210U, either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T480s-with-Core-i5-8-GB-RAM-Thunderbolt-3-and-256-GB-SSD-is-only-670-right-now.452847.0.html

A

That seems overpriced.

Even if the 10th gen and 8th gen may not seem much of a difference, the Zen 2 refresh is around the corner and it'll probably cost as much if not cheaper.

Finch Thomas

Why in world would anyone consider this any kind of real option...?

I bought a used T440p on ebay, replaced the screen with IPS, upgraded to 16gb, upgraded the cpu to a legit quad corei7, new battery, replaced the primary drive with a 256gb SSD and exchanged the CD bay for an additional SSD for storage... total..  $530.. I have a Latitude E6430 I've done most of the same to except the screen and it was less than $400... so why would anyone consider this a good deal when you can get a lot more for significantly less money???

Even if you can't personally do these things, there are plenty of videos showing you how, and if you don't have the confidence to do it yourself, it's not hard to find someone or even a shop..  I can't help but wonder if the author is an Apple person.. wouldn't be surprised considering they haven't been upgradeable since like the 2012 NON-retina display...I think?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview