News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No one seems to really care about Intel Project Athena

Started by Redaktion, February 01, 2020, 22:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Project Athena was supposed to usher in the next generation of Intel-powered Ultrabooks with Thunderbolt 3, super-long runtimes, and even thinner designs. But in reality, Athena is barely on anyone's radar as even OEMs seem to be avoiding the term in their advertisements.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-one-seems-to-really-care-about-Intel-Project-Athena.452810.0.html

eeee

According to Intel trainings, the Athena code name is not supposed to be mentioned to customers.  It will never be a household name.

IntelAthena#1

For the first Year Intel did 26 designs and they are expecting 50.more this year. Haha, "no one" only in the fish mind.

S.Yu

Quote from: eeee on February 02, 2020, 07:10:19
According to Intel trainings, the Athena code name is not supposed to be mentioned to customers.  It will never be a household name.
That makes sense, it was a weird name to begin with.

xpclient

The things I want in an ultrabook are:

- Efficient cooling even if it is superthin and superlight. No CPU throttling or high temperatures (does Athena cover this?)
- NVMe and Thunderbolt 3 x4 lane
- Dedicated Touchpad Buttons (clickpads are a usability joke)
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 with LE audio
- Below 1 kg (up to 2.2 lbs)
- 16 GB RAM for now
- 16:10 display is bonus

I am sure Athena isn't inclusive of some of my *particular* criteria. Everyone has his preferences for operation. So nobody cares about that certification

Hay

My guess. The major manufacterers know that only a handful of their laptops will get the Athena certification. The rest will not have that "quality seal". So, overall, better to keep consumers in the dark

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview