News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Traveling and forgot your charger? The Quick-E is a disposable 2000 mAh battery bank for just $2.49

Started by Redaktion, January 30, 2020, 01:33:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If you're running out of juice and don't have a charger nearby, welcome to the club. The Quick-E charger is a small and environmentally friendly one-time use battery bank with a pre-paid postage stamp for buyers to return once the battery bank is depleted.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Traveling-and-forgot-your-charger-The-Quick-E-is-a-disposable-2000-mAh-battery-bank-for-just-2-49.452543.0.html

heffeque

That's a great NOPE from my part.

Shipping things around, by default is all but eco-friendly.

weeeeeeeee

I don't get how finding a store that stocks the batteries, going there, buying it, charging it, packing it, dropping it off, is any easier than simply finding someone with a charger and borrowing it for a few hours.

Modern passenger planes have USB charging ports at the seats.  Even some airports are starting to have USB charging ports at the gates. Some modern hotels have USB ports in the rooms. Or I've seen some hotels that have a stock of abandoned USB chargers that past guests have left behind, and they will freely lend them to any guests who forgot their own charger. Or just go to a local convenience store and they usually stock some chargers.

Of course, I am sometimes worried about plugging an unknown USB source into my phone, about short circuits or viruses, but I think the risk of damage is low.  With the upcoming debate on the EU directive for common smartphone chargers for the purpose of reducing E-waste, I think the problem of trying to find a compatible charger when you've forgotten yours will be resolved.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview