News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Book 3 appears on 3DMark powered by an Intel Core i7-1065G7 and NVIDIA Max-Q GPUs

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2020, 20:32:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft might be releasing the Surface Duo and Surface Neo later this year, but a Surface Book 3 could be in development too. Two devices that would fit the description have now appeared on 3DMark, which suggest that the Surface Book 3 will come with Intel Ice Lake processors and a choice of NVIDIA Max-Q GPUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Book-3-appears-on-3DMark-powered-by-an-Intel-Core-i7-1065G7-and-NVIDIA-Max-Q-GPUs.452475.0.html

anon

Looks like it throttles down to 1.4ghz under cpu/gpu load, just like a real surface book. leak confirmed.

william blake

let me take a guess
as all these so called premium devices, this one will be 50 db noisy and throttling to 2ghz. at the same time.

Bat

4 core 15 W CPU and they want to compete with new Macbooks. They really should think about this again. Separate base and screen give options for much much better cooling, so 8-core 45 W with TDP-up to 60 W CPU should be a must. No one asked for those slow 4-core mobile processors!

xpclient

Debuting with slow outdated hardware considering the price they are asking. Should be Comet Lake-H, and NVIDIA RTX 20xx, Wi-Fi 6 and Thunderbolt 3. Or they could have at least used Core i7 1068G7.

Bob

Surface book 1 and surface book 2 both buggy as f***. Third time the charm? Or fool me once...fool me twice...fool me three times I'm the biggest idiot on the planet to buy MS hardware?

vyoma

How in the world Apple and Microsoft chewing customers? One wouldn't provide touch, and the other safe sturdy operating system.

All we need to combine these two giants. Samsung is brainless nowadays. Google went weird on Chromebook.

Shame on consumers

Didiene

At this point they'd better wait and release with Ampere dGPU.
I love the format and totally want one but the hardware inside is just so outdated.
Come on Microsoft, it's not that hard.

S.Yu

Quote from: Bob on January 30, 2020, 13:30:07
Surface book 1 and surface book 2 both buggy as f***. Third time the charm? Or fool me once...fool me twice...fool me three times I'm the biggest idiot on the planet to buy MS hardware?
Heard of the rumors regarding MSB but guess what, Dell's XPS 13 2-in-1 that claims MPP support doesn't work with Surface Pen ::)

WMicke

I hope to God they provide better chip options.  The new Intel CPU is fine I suppose (but it's getting destroyed by the new AMD Ryzen 4000 mobile lineup in the latest benchmarks), but that 1660 GPU is practically obsolete (for high-end laptops) already, and the laptop hasn't even been officially announced yet.

S.Yu

Quote from: WMicke on January 30, 2020, 16:35:49
I hope to God they provide better chip options.  The new Intel CPU is fine I suppose (but it's getting destroyed by the new AMD Ryzen 4000 mobile lineup in the latest benchmarks), but that 1660 GPU is practically obsolete (for high-end laptops) already, and the laptop hasn't even been officially announced yet.
Just another day at Microsoft ::) Surface Studio was obsolete when it was announced.

RayT8810

Online stores as well as Microsoft in Switzerland have lowered the price for the SB2 by 25%!  Probably a good indication that the Surface Book 3 can be expected soon.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview