News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung will do something interesting with the telephoto cameras of the Galaxy S20 and S20+

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2020, 18:58:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new leak has thrown more light on the sensor Samsung will use on the telephoto shooters of the Galaxy S20 and S20+. Sadly, all it manages to do is raise more questions, as it potentially implies terrible low-light performance when taking telephoto shots with the phones.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-will-do-something-interesting-with-the-telephoto-cameras-of-the-Galaxy-S20-and-S20.452380.0.html

S.Yu

While using something comparatively narrow for video is a more professional approach that allows better framing and perspective control overall this still seems weird. Perhaps it would just attempt a merge with regular bayer instead of quad bayer, which would still increase SNR compared to no merge at all.

LOL

I think the Sony 64MP IMX686 sensor will beat the 64MP Samsung Isocell sensor.

Interestingly, the S20 Ultra has the Sony 48MP IMX586 sensor, the secondary camera to the main Samsung 108MP shooter. The IMX686 is the successor to the IMX586.

I look forward to future phones having the Sony IMX686 camera sensor.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: LOL on January 30, 2020, 11:51:41
I think the Sony 64MP IMX686 sensor will beat the 64MP Samsung Isocell sensor.

Interestingly, the S20 Ultra has the Sony 48MP IMX586 sensor, the secondary camera to the main Samsung 108MP shooter. The IMX686 is the successor to the IMX586.

I look forward to future phones having the Sony IMX686 camera sensor.

Sony's Exmor sensors are generally a bit better than Samsung's equivalent ISOCELL ones, so yeah.

I'm really hyped for the S20 phones' cameras. Great hardware all around.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview