News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Galaxy Z Flip may be what the Motorola Razr 2019 should have been, but it is still a waste of money

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2020, 14:17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Is 2020 the year when foldables go mainstream? Probably not, but it is likely the dawn on mainstream OEMs releasing foldable smartphones en-masse, albeit at ludicrous prices. The Galaxy Z Flip may seem better value than the Motorola Razr 2019 on paper, but it is still a waste of money.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Galaxy-Z-Flip-may-be-what-the-Motorola-Razr-2019-should-have-been-but-it-is-still-a-waste-of-money.452246.0.html

Todd

A $1400 phone that will get security patches and os updates consistently late, along with a Bixby button I'd immediately disable?

I like the concept but will wait for it to be fully baked before I'd consider it.

S.Yu

That's just the state of the market for new tech, it reminds me of Sony's first OLED TV, a tiny panel asking for...I forgot how much but definitely thousands.
Quote from: Todd on January 29, 2020, 18:28:41
A $1400 phone that will get security patches and os updates consistently late, along with a Bixby button I'd immediately disable?

I like the concept but will wait for it to be fully baked before I'd consider it.
It's possible that the Bixby button has been removed, since that's how it's rumored for the S20 series.

James walt

Motorola's design and implementation is better in terms of user experience. If they can iron out 2 important points, it will be the best
Mediocre Camera
Low battery capacity

S.Yu

Quote from: James walt on May 16, 2020, 09:43:12
Motorola's design and implementation is better in terms of user experience. If they can iron out 2 important points, it will be the best
Mediocre Camera
Low battery capacity
No idea why you say that. The weird screen shape is bad for usability and the design itself is more fragile, for starters.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview