News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Android 10 builds of MIUI 11 may cause high battery drain on the Xiaomi Mi 9T and Redmi K20, but there is a workaround

Started by Redaktion, January 28, 2020, 12:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi's latest build of MIUI 11 for the Mi 9T and Redmi K20 may be re-issue Android 10 to both devices, but there have also been reports of the update causing heavy battery drain for some handsets. There is a workaround though, with some Xiaomi software potentially being at fault.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Android-10-builds-of-MIUI-11-may-cause-high-battery-drain-on-the-Xiaomi-Mi-9T-and-Redmi-K20-but-there-is-a-workaround.451770.0.html

Dusan

I havec also facing terrible SOT and very big battery drainage since android 10 i installed... I barely achieve 4-5 hours SOT on wi fi usuge trough the day... I really hope Xiaomi  updaate will solve thise use soon

heffeque

Interesting, because in my case the battery drainage has been reduced. Battery now lasts me between a day and a half and two days of my normal usage. Before it was impossible to get to two days.

Although I have seen an issue: the "always-on" screen notification isn't working when I receive a Skype message. Though I'm not sure if it's a problem with Skype on Android 10, a problem with Skype on MIUI 11 on Android 10, or a problem with MIUI 11 on Android 10 with non-system apps.

Anyway, for now I'm a happy Mi 9T Android 10 user.

Mike Smith

I received a notification that there was an update to download which would change the Mi 9T from Android 9 to Android 10. I put it off for a couple of days and the notification disappeared so I'm still stuck on Android 9. Reading that I'm glad I am, I don't have any issues with Android 9 and everything works perfectly so if it ain't broke I'm in no hurry to fix it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview