News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Asus ROG Phone 2's cameras are a tad disappointing

Started by Redaktion, January 20, 2020, 06:32:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus ROG Phone 2 has been hailed for its outstanding hardware. Designed to be a gaming phone, the ROG Phone 2 delivers excellent performance and user experience-enhancing features, but it would seem that its cameras don't quite match up to the rest of the package.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Asus-ROG-Phone-2-s-cameras-are-a-tad-disappointing.450324.0.html

Jose

Well, maybe the photography level on the ROG 2 is on a medium level compared with other phones. But dxomark isn't a serious site, they put arbitrary scores, they push things that can improve the score of the phone they want as important things in photography, and as everyone know are some brand that always be favored in they scores, independently of the quality of the photos. I take notebookcheck as a good and serious site, please stop giving credit to does that don't deserve it.

S.Yu

For people who know what they're doing they essentially only need to pay attention to the CMOS size and if there's good Gcam support :)

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on January 20, 2020, 17:39:53
For people who know what they're doing they essentially only need to pay attention to the CMOS size and if there's good Gcam support :)

Pretty much this, tbh. It's why I'm quite excited for the S20/S20+.

S.Yu

Quote from: Ricci Rox on January 20, 2020, 19:15:11
Quote from: S.Yu on January 20, 2020, 17:39:53

Pretty much this, tbh. It's why I'm quite excited for the S20/S20+.
Currently I feel that not even Pixel does Gcam justice because most settings are unavailable and there's no reverting to Pixel 3 processing if you don't like Pixel 4's approach. A 36-stack is a step above the default maximum 24-stack and I haven't even tried the 100-stack on my version of Gcam yet. Only downside so far is that it crashes when I try to switch to the 2x, or enable "sabre" which should further improve image quality.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview