News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 12: 2020 iPhones to feature overhauled Face ID, ToF cameras and 6 GB of RAM

Started by Redaktion, January 16, 2020, 19:04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Rumours are currently floating about that Apple plans to upgrade several areas of this year's iPhones. Apparently, the iPhone 12 series will feature revamped a TrueDepth system for improved Face ID, a ToF camera and 6 GB of RAM. All necessary upgrades? How about no Lightning connector come 2021?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-12-2020-iPhones-to-feature-overhauled-Face-ID-ToF-cameras-and-6-GB-of-RAM.450423.0.html

Michael G

Improving FaceID had better mean making the system smaller two eliminate the notch. There is no compelling reason to upgrade from my iPhone X if that is not a reality.

The elimination of any charging connector would certainly drive up the price of each unit as presumably Apple would be forced to include a wireless charger.

Skipping USB-C would be a mistake in my mind. USB-C and no notch would be a compelling reason to upgrade. At this point though I am more interested in Surface Duo than a future iPhone. The product simply has become limited by the hardware and software.

S.Yu

mmWave...whenever I see mmWave I'm reminded of that pathetic 700Mbps-under-the-tower. Just move to SK and use 4G, it's sometimes faster...

S.Yu

"A move to do so would also result in Apple ditching EarPods, presumably because there would be nothing to which they could be connected."
Nah, just dongle it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview