News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 15 2019: Multimedia Laptop with Core i9 and Vega 16 in review

Started by Redaktion, January 16, 2020, 13:21:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple has replaced the MacBook Pro 15 with the larger MBP 16, but many shops still offer the old models, and usually with a big discount. We review he MacBook Pro 15 2019 with the smaller Core i9 processor and the AMD Vega 16 GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-2019-Multimedia-Laptop-with-Core-i9-and-Vega-16-in-review.450306.0.html

ymcst

I really don't understand the how you evaluate sometimes.

When evaluating a cheap device like $700 office laptop, which has far, far less quality display, build quality, much worse performance, build quality etc you still give it %80. It is because your evaluation is based also on price point and for $700 that is worth of %80, right?

But when evaluating expensive products, you completely ignore the price point. Yes this device deserves %89 if it's price was $1500. But at it's current price point it definitely don't.

You either have to give budget laptops %50-60 so it is purely based on performance and quality, or items like these %65-70 so it is based also on price  point.

reader

It seems to me that:
- price is not part of the score
- OS and ecosystem is not part of the score
In addition price is not something fix.
Quote from: ymcst on January 16, 2020, 14:10:10
I really don't understand the how you evaluate sometimes.

When evaluating a cheap device like $700 office laptop, which has far, far less quality display, build quality, much worse performance, build quality etc you still give it %80. It is because your evaluation is based also on price point and for $700 that is worth of %80, right?

But when evaluating expensive products, you completely ignore the price point. Yes this device deserves %89 if it's price was $1500. But at it's current price point it definitely don't.

You either have to give budget laptops %50-60 so it is purely based on performance and quality, or items like these %65-70 so it is based also on price  point.

ymcst

Quote from: reader on January 16, 2020, 15:32:34
It seems to me that:
- price is not part of the score

I am sorry but this is simply not true.

Take Walmart Motile M142 review and compare it to this review. That laptop is $500 extreme cheap Walmart laptop and it has %79 result because it is really good for the price. If price was not part of the score , as both laptops are in multimedia category when this apple laptop gets 89, that walmart laptop would get like 50. But it has 79.

So clearly price is a strong factor.

But it appears to be price is considered not a factor in this review for some reason.

william blake

one thought.
huge trackpad is good for trackpad users. if you are mostly typing, huge trackpad is not good.

Astar

I completely agree with the other comments.

The cheapest of these CrApples (Eur 2799) cost 22% more than the cheapest Windows competitor in the list - the Dell (Eur 2300).
The most CrApple expensive costs nearly twice as much as the Razer!
So how do you justify the high ratings? Is the battery run time of the CrApple twice as long?I completely agree with the other comments. The cheapest of these CrApples cost 22% more than the cheapest Windows competitor - the Dell

But notwithstanding that, you are stuck with a MacOS that is so limited when it comes to games and productivity software. Please don't kid me about WINE or Bootcamp. I've seen people try to jump through hoops with these emulators, mods and crap to try to run Windows software.
Crashes, blank screens, failure to run at all in the worst of cases and sub-par performance in the best of circumstances. Not to mention the COST of a whole new Windows OS license!

Do you see any Windows user trying to run crApple software on their machines? No. Because there is nothing in the CrApple ecosystem that we care about. Windows users actually bother to dual boot Linux, if that gives any context and perspective!

This is a BS marketing piece to try to garner some advertising dollars from Apple!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview