News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Still can't let go of Windows 7? Here's a hack to further extend your eligibility for security updates

Started by Redaktion, January 16, 2020, 09:50:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft has ended official support for Windows 7 on January 14, but many home users and businesses still use it as their primary operating system. Enterprise customers can still avail the option of paying for extended support leaving other users reluctant to upgrade in a lurch. This article describes a workaround that non-enterprise users can use to make them eligible for extended security releases.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Still-can-t-let-go-of-Windows-7-Here-s-a-hack-to-further-extend-your-eligibility-for-security-updates.450385.0.html

sounds illegal to me!

This sounds like a dodgy procedure to me....sounds illegal, I don't think notebookcheck should really be writing articles showing people how to do something illegal.  Getting something for free with a "hack" that business users would otherwise have to pay for....that sure sounds illegal.

Anton M

>:(  Tried the workaround yesterday and it worked fine, but today won't play ball so it looks like musoft have collared this one

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview