News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel allegedly prepping monstrous i9-10990XE with 22 cores

Started by Redaktion, January 13, 2020, 19:52:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A user on the ChipHell forums posted unconfirmed evidence of the Intel i9-10990XE. If the post is genuine, it could mean that Intel's attempting to brute force its way to multi-core dominance with an insane 380W, 22-core, 48-thread monster CPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-allegedly-prepping-monstrous-i9-10990XE-with-22-cores.450160.0.html

8&8

Congratultn! WOW! A monster CPU with 22c/44t means that AMD build toy CPUs with double of space.

M2018

@ 8&8
Threadripper 3960X is the closest (24 cores) to this CPU. CB20 score is the same at only 280W, so what are you celebrating, you moron?

cybort

Having the same score doesn't mean you can get the same performance, unless your application is parallelized as well as CB20. (Sadly, this test is parallelized so much well)Get the score with less cores always means better.

M2018

@ cybort
Of course, but you have probably overlooked the 380W vs 280W part :)))

Girish

They just sacrificed efficiency for performance 380w is too much for a processor even the Xeon w-3175 has less tdp than it

S.Yu

lol, people should buy these at high latitude locations, it would save on the heating bills.

xpclient

Robert

It doesn't matter how many cores it has or how fast it is. If it cost 5x as much as the equivalent AMD processor then nobody will buy it.

8&8

M2018

@ 8&8
I think not I, but you will cry, when you will see the prices! :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview