News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga C740-15IML Laptop Review: Strong Battery Life, Weak Display

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2020, 17:11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The dedicated graphics chip is gone without replacement, 4K UHD is no longer an option and there is no Thunderbolt 3 anymore, either: At first glance, the Lenovo Yoga C740-15IML appears to be a clear downgrade compared to its predecessor. While this holds true for some aspects of the convertible, other areas have even seen some improvements. Unfortunately, our test model suffers from a very dimly lit display. Read our in-depth review to find out what else Lenovo does or does not do well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-C740-15IML-Laptop-Review-Strong-Battery-Life-Weak-Display.449482.0.html

Bavs

Thank you for your review. They're always reliable. Although, I was a bit confused because this laptop is claimed to have a good color accuracy (At least sRGB%).

I understand that you ordered the 250 nits option, which was very dull. I am looking to buy the 500 nits version. Waiting for you to review that version so that I can know your verdict on the color accuracy and brightness of the screen. Being a designer, color and brightness are very important for me.

Benjamin Herzig

Quote from: Bavs on January 11, 2020, 03:58:18Thank you for your review. They're always reliable. Although, I was a bit confused because this laptop is claimed to have a good color accuracy (At least sRGB%).
Only the 500 nits version. The official data sheet says that the 250 nit version has terrible color gamut coverage.

AnnaR2D2

Thank you for this excellent review. I hope that you'll make an update when you''ll get the model with 500 nits screen.

eric

I tested the C740 15.6 inch with the 500 nit screen using Spyder 5 and the results were.
98% sRGB
72% Adobe RGB

The screen is very bright and I find myself turning it down to around 30% at night in a dimly lit room.

The M2 NVME drive can vary depending on in what country you buy this .

Mine has the Western Digital SN730 read was 3440 and write was 3024

otterslide

Quote from: eric on June 29, 2020, 11:53:40
I tested the C740 15.6 inch with the 500 nit screen using Spyder 5 and the results were.
98% sRGB
72% Adobe RGB

The screen is very bright and I find myself turning it down to around 30% at night in a dimly lit room.

The M2 NVME drive can vary depending on in what country you buy this .

Mine has the Western Digital SN730 read was 3440 and write was 3024

Do you know if the HDR screen has PWM ?
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview