News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) Tablet Review: A budget Samsung tablet with great deficiencies

Started by Redaktion, January 02, 2020, 02:31:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) is a compact Android tablet in the entry-level price segment. However, its affordable pricing means that Samsung has had to make some compromises. You can find out which these are in our review of the Galaxy Tab A 8.0.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-8-0-2019-Tablet-Review-A-budget-Samsung-tablet-with-great-deficiencies.448922.0.html

Dushan Mlakar

Hallo, danke schone. Ineeded to know for sure if the tab works with OTG for my SDR radio...What a review and the detale I never imagened was posible.
By the way the tab is perfect for ehat I intend to use it for and afordable, Icant aford more...Aufvedesen.

Imagineer

YOU GUYS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST THOUROUGH, EQUIPMENT REVIEWERS I'VE EVER READ! I'LL NEVER BUY ANYTHING "MOBILE COMPUTING", WITHOUT FIRST READING YOUR REVIEWS.

One thing though, your review states "The Tab A 8.0 can wirelessly output video to an external monitor using Miracast too".

Well, my recently purchased Galaxy Tab A 8" (SM-T295, International version) tablet's UI does not provide the "Wireless Display" or "Screen Mirroring" option typically found under the "Settings>Display>Wireless Display" screen or under "Setting>Connections>More Connection Settings>Screen Mirroring", etc.

Selecting that display option normally engages Android's 'Wireless Direct' functionality which enables it to search for & connect directly to a compatible WiFi receiver (dongle) or to a Smart TV.

Since my table's UI implementation does not include the above option-selections (despite being available within Android 9, Pie) I am seeking advise on alternative means to achieve Screen Mirroring of my (rare, INTL) tablet to a TV.

OR...

Can I download a more relevant UI core? Firmware update or patch?

ANY (qualified) ADVISE MUCH APPRECIATED....

Cesar Bedroni

Great review, wish I would have read it before purchasing mine.
Also important to many people is the ability to store apps on the SD card, I cannot seem to find any information in regards to this feature, it seems to be non-existing in this tablet. Can you address this issue and whether it will be available in the new tablet coming out in 2020.
Thank you

Cal

Hi.
Can either the Wifi Silver or the 4G silver use Google maps while in flight mode?
I am just after a blue dot on the map while all other connections are turned off.
Love your reviews. Thanks.

BD

Hi, i bought this tablet and sold it off because of its sluggish performance where every thing just lags so much. From surfing websites to opening apps to toggling between apps and websites - im sorry to say it lags terribly.
And i wonder how can it get a four star in this review? Very misleading.
People that are reading this, please refer to my comment as I used it myself and for 4 months and it cannot support much for daily use except youtube and no toggling.

StappyN

Gotta Agree, It cannot be overstated that this Tablet is too slow for pretty much anything.Even just web and youtube as all the background stuff like updating essentially stalls the tablet.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview