News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

C-Force CF016xT USB-C 144 Hz Monitor Review

Started by Redaktion, December 31, 2019, 18:26:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's awesome when it works, but some iffy flickering behavior and power issues make it unreliable for specific scenarios. Why an AC adapter for power is not included in the box is particularly bewildering.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/C-Force-CF016xT-USB-C-144-Hz-Monitor-Review.448711.0.html

anon

Thanks for reviewing portable monitors like this. There seem to have been many seemingly high-spec monitors coming out for low prices. I've seen a couple that gave warnings that you must not plug cables into the wrong ports, and sometimes are ambiguous if a second power cable is always required.

It sounds like this monitor is larger than 15.6", supports 144Hz, touch, and definitely can run off a single cable given proper source computer. Very glad to learn that this has been verified before I pick one up.

Can't wait to see if I can charge my ROG Phone 2 while this is plugged in at the same time (gotta love having two type-C ports!) though it would be mostly for connecting to my laptop.

Astar

"Why an AC adapter for power is not included in the box is particularly bewildering. "

What is so bewildering is the writer's inability to understand this! Why is it that all your reviews of such products question the wisdom of omitting such power adapters?

It's USB-C for heaven's sakes, not a proprietary power port. Everybody would either have such a port from their laptops or several power adapters and/or USB-C cables lying around the house already. Why would you want the manufacturer to include yet another power adapter in the box? Is the writer naive enough to think that anything in this world is free? It will only raise the sticker purchase price! Not to mention the environmental impact of the electronic waste!

This is a praise-worthy move that should be the norm for all manufacturers. There has been many campaigns for this to be mandatory to cut waste and reduce prices.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview