News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Opinion: Foldable makers should be applauded for taking a risk, not torn down

Started by Redaktion, December 30, 2019, 08:19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It has been surprising to read a number of major tech blogs bashing the Galaxy Fold and foldable devices in general. The danger is, however, that such criticism isn't likely to go unnoticed with the risk that smartphone makers may shy away from the category. Even if some of the criticism is fair, let's hope it doesn't scare OEM's from taking a risk on releasing potentially game changing devices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Opinion-Foldable-makers-should-be-applauded-for-taking-a-risk-not-torn-down.448815.0.html

Mofo

Opinion

They deserve all the crap they get, they are expensive as heck and really not ready for prime time and serve no actual purpose a regular phone with big screen can't do. Game changing devices....lmao

CmdrEvil

Most phones are about 6.5 inches, so why would pay twice the price to get massive bezels, horrible reliability, screen that you can scratch with your finger nails. All to get extra inch of screen estate? Pointless. No point defending poor products just for the sake of keeping them available.

Samsunggg

Critics can bash whatever they want however the final judge still lies on those who actually purchased it and own one.

Let the buyers do the judging and determine the future direction.

Not keyboard warriors who didn't even spent a penny and bashed like Samsung owed them money or some sort of karma duh.

vrvly

Its more like there is no reason not to release foldable, at least one like mateX, which is basically in style and usage the same as most of phones, but gives also full array of hi end back cameras as a selfie (besides unfolding screen).
Who knows, maybe even rollable screen is an option. If someone will not try, we won't know.

MxViking

I'm for innovation. And I applaud when companies take risks. However, when new gadgets are not ready for prime time, then their crap should be called out, loudly!

I doubt that any true innovation will be hampered by negative tech media.

Mofo

Quote from: Samsunggg on December 30, 2019, 18:08:57
Critics can bash whatever they want however the final judge still lies on those who actually purchased it and own one.

Let the buyers do the judging and determine the future direction.

Not keyboard warriors who didn't even spent a penny and bashed like Samsung owed them money or some sort of karma duh.

Funny you say that because I tried the Galaxy fold in it's nothing special  and definetly Bjorne worth the price tag.
Instead I got a Galaxy tab s6 and works 100x better.

jthom

OK. Samsung had those initial issues with the G-Fold, but then recalled them & fixed those issues. They took a huge risk in doing something very different & expensive. They see the undeniable future potential for foldable devices (big & small). Now they're working on the next-iteration. Thats basically how the tech industry works.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview