News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre x360 13-aw0013dx Convertible Review: Powered by Intel Ice Lake

Started by Redaktion, December 27, 2019, 22:32:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest HP Spectre is definitely smaller, faster, and more portable than ever before, but the unsteady CPU performance and noticeable ghosting will leave some casual gamers disappointed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-x360-13-aw0013dx-Convertible-Review-Powered-by-Intel-Ice-Lake.448605.0.html

Paul PP

Great thorough review, but quite surprised about the CPU management and throttling issues detected. Saw another review which stated that in Performance mode (in HP control center), the 1065G7 in the Spectre would reach 28W consistently (instead of being limited to 18W PL1).

Worth checking as this is close to be the perfect 2-in-1 device to me!

liweichen6

Quote from: Paul PP on December 27, 2019, 22:54:23
Great thorough review, but quite surprised about the CPU management and throttling issues detected. Saw another review which stated that in Performance mode (in HP control center), the 1065G7 in the Spectre would reach 28W consistently (instead of being limited to 18W PL1).

I still have some complains about trackpad and stylus, but overall it's quite good.
I can see consistent 38W draw from CPU in performance mode. After replacing thermal paste it doesn't throttle anymore.

Adam.mt

Quote from: Andrii on December 29, 2019, 14:10:41
Does its screen support the Apple Pencil 2nd generation?

No, it's not an Apple iPad! It comes with a HP pen. Apple pens only work with Apple devices.

(The reviewer wrongly states Wacom based pen, it's actually N-trig in common with Microsoft Surfaces)

Adam.mt

Quote from: Paul PP on December 27, 2019, 22:54:23

I'm unsure whether the reviewer is even aware of the laptop's different performance modes!

I pointed this out with the early-2019 model review and it was never addressed. I suspect testing is only with the default, balanced, profile  :-\

Malav Patel

Yeah they should have tested the different modes in the hp command center, i have the 15' version, and the performance option increases PL1 to 25w from 10w. I think this is why its always behind the dell counterparts.

massmatters

Dear Allen, Wacom support? Huh? You think all computers with pens have Wacom support? The support is for a Microsoft pen! How can you not know that?

sarath

would love review on oled HP Spectre x360 - 13-aw0020nr. Also what would be a good ssd upgrade on this laptop..

S.Yu

It said "Intel Core i7-10710U, Intel UHD Graphics 620" for the XPS13 in only a few game tests below SSD numbers. Either this is a typo or the wrong model has been compared.
Quote from: massmatters on December 31, 2019, 07:20:25
Dear Allen, Wacom support? Huh? You think all computers with pens have Wacom support? The support is for a Microsoft pen! How can you not know that?
Wacom support is likely as XPS13 2-in-1 has Wacom support.
Duo mode between N-trig and Wacom as a matter of fact, I forgot what it was called but there's automatic detection and mode switching.

Virtal

We don't get a stylus or USB C adapter included in the box.
Question: Would a Surface Pen N-Trig work on this?
Would a Dell Active Pen PN557W work for this?
I have the 4K OLED option.

Vaga

Please review the 4K OLED version.

I have it and I think it might have an RGBW screen.
There is sort of a hexagonal pattern to the screen (sort of a screen door effect) and it seems to have a slight green/brown tinge)

The colors don't look the same as my 2560x1440 OLED Alienware 13 R3

AntonVF

So, the only wrong fact about this laptop for me was the RAM speed. HP stated DDR4-3200, and you wrote 3733. Which is real?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview