News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo's Privacy Guard ePrivacy Filter is not very effective

Started by Redaktion, December 27, 2019, 20:08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's first attempt of an integrated privacy filter is not very convincing. The picture quality is not affected, but the privacy filter only works at low brightness levels.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-s-Privacy-Guard-ePrivacy-Filter-is-not-very-effective.448715.0.html

Gaius Gracchus

We made the mistake of getting some Thinkpad X13's recently with the 1920x1080 IPS FHD 500 nit Privacy Guard screens.

BIG MISTAKE.   
These monitors are HORRIBLE.   The lighting is inconsistent, shadows at the bottom of the screen and on the sides.   The privacy guard is a joke.  Yeah, it's private, all right - you cannot see it yourself much less anyone else in the room.   And if you turn the privacy guard off, the screen still is dark and has shadows even facing it directly.
The IPS screens normally have a wide viewing angle, but this supposed 'IPS screen' has ZERO viewing angle.   That's right - ZERO.

Do not buy a Lenovo laptop with Privacy Guard.   Just don't do it.

ilios

Same problem on my p14s with 500 nits privacy guard, touch. I feel very bad looking this screen.. I am very angry with Lenovo. How they can sell this type of product?!

I asked for the return of my p14s (after six weeks of waiting)..

#Do not buy a Lenovo laptop with Privacy Guard.   Just don't do it.

Istvan

I'm about to replace my X1C Gen5 to Gen10, and I'm testing different units with different displays. After new OLED display, I'm just testing the Gen10 with FHD touch + ePrivacy filter as well. I can confirm this new 2022 model still has the same problems, and this sentence still describes the best: "The lighting is inconsistent, shadows at the bottom of the screen and on the sides. The privacy guard is a joke."

Bernhard2014

just bought a X1C Gen11 with 1245u and privacy filter for cheap - 900 eur - now i know why

the problem is still the same - bad viewing angles even when the privacy functionality is shut off. not sure who is doing quality control for the "high end marketed" products at lenovo. It is basically useless.

since i bought it used - i will try now to replace the display with another normal IPS screen

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview