News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PewDiePie deletes Twitter account, responds to claims that he is QUITTING YouTube

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2019, 19:11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

PewDiePie's levels of popularity have reached insane levels. Even national broadcasters have reported on him "taking a break" from YouTube next year, likely profiteering on his popularity. In response, PewDiePie has deleted his Twitter account.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PewDiePie-deletes-Twitter-account-responds-to-claims-that-he-is-QUITTING-YouTube.447309.0.html

Andy19278

Who watches this crap anyway?
Youtube and all those videos may go down tomorrow and world will be better place. For 1 good video on youtube there is 100 bad ones, so odds are poor.

Wade

He lied that he was banned by China, but I can still search his name on Baidu, Weibo and bilibili. I'm tired of his "fake fall" behavior. A typical clown catering to political correctness (anti china)

anon

Quoteone cannot infer sincerity

QuoteHe, likely insincerely, stated that he would be taking a break

Are you saying that he's lying? That seems awfully harsh.

I'm not even sure what part of "he would be taking a break" you think he is lying about.

anon

QuoteHe lied that he was banned by China, but I can still search his name on Baidu, Weibo and bilibili.

I just searched both from New York and Hong Kong VPNs and bilibili tells me "什么都没找到啊T T" (found nothing T T) with no results.

Baidu has results, the top two are pages that criticize him for being anti-semitic. I don't see any of his videos or clips, just pages talking ABOUT him, mostly about how much money he makes.

Weibo I don't immediately see how to search without creating an account.

qq com search redirects to sogou com, which has the same results as Baidu.

v.sogou com results in "抱歉!未为您找到"pewdiepie"的相关作品" with no results.

sohu com search also redirects to sogou com

If I use bing or google to search "pewdiepie bilibili" (without quotes) I find some links to videos on bilibili, either his original videos, or other videos like memes that mention him. Again, I could not find these videos by using bilibili's own search tool, although the videos have his name in the title.

Search baidu for "pewdiepie bilibili" (no quotes) and you get "很抱歉,没有找到与"pewdiepie bilibili"相关的网页。" (no related pages found)

Given these tests it looks certain that search results for "pewdiepie" are being manipulated on Chinese websites. Please check again, Wade.

Andy19279

Quote from: Anon2 on December 16, 2019, 22:06:54
Roughly 3 millions people a day

It still doesn't make it worth watching as it has no real content in it.
Few swears here and there. Typical youtube crap- making fuss out of nothing important. Not going to mention the way how it's executed- could not stand those zooms etc. 1min makes you tired. Better to go park :)

Job

Also one of the most racist people on the internet. Why is a respectful publication like notebookcheck.com reporting on Neo-Nazi trash?

Jacob

What a crap article and what a crap "journalist".

"In short, sensationalist websites have sought to profit off under 30 seconds of video from one of the most popular people online."

And look who's trying to profit about this story as well huh huh. ?Notebookcheck's transition into TMZ ?

MxViking

Some of the comments bashing this website are a bit over the top. The guy may be a bigot and his channel may be trash. However, he is a public person who has one of the most popular channels in Youtube (though I've never seen it myself, nor do I plan to). Thus, news reporting on him are legitimate.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview