News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leakers claim that Huawei is including everything but the kitchen sink in the P40 and P40 Pro

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2019, 14:13:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Seven cameras, a graphene 5,500 mAh battery, 50 W charging, along with a 98% screen-to-body ratio and 120 Hz capable 6.5-inch display? Those are just some of the Huawei P40 series supposed specs, according to two prominent leakers. Hyperbole, or the makings a flagship to rule 2020?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leakers-claim-that-Huawei-is-including-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-in-the-P40-and-P40-Pro.447143.0.html

Nyasha Mukonoweshuro

What about 3.5mm headphone jack? IR blaster? High powered DAC? Replaceable battery? Their version of the S-pen or Apple pencil? Front-facing speakers?

I mean if they're REALLY going to throw everything in...

TruthIsThere

No 4K UHD+ (not old 2013 QHD 2K)
No 6000+mAh battery to surpass ROG 2
No S-Pen functionality
No game triggers on the side
No 8K recording
No AR/VR feature
No screen sharing to other smartphones, etc.
No GMS

Hardly the kitchen sink. Maybe Huawei has thrown in the toilet plunger.

xpclient

Oh God: screen-to-body ratio is still the most meaningless statistic to me. I would rather have the manufacturer focus on improving usability and comfort of the phone via some design improvements to the front, sides and back.

Dusan

Nobody's twisting your arm to buy it. Besides, would all your wishes be inside of the phone, price would be at least double if not triple of what it's probably gonna be. And since most of us still don't prefer coughing out €2k+ for a smartphone something tells me your expectations will not be fulfilled anytime soon.

Btw.:
S-Pen is a very useful gadget while not exactly groundbreaking, 8K - well anyone who knows anything about a human eye will laugh at the term, IR is in 2019/2020 and beyond about as useful as chopsticks,..
What people should really be hyped about is revolution of batteries. While everything else evolved massively in the last few years, batteries are (in principle) quite cave-like and have stayed that way for decades. Graphene and similar materials offer a glimpse into near future and implementation of them into smartphones will jump-start innovations previously impossible or simply not wort pursuing economically.  ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview