News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung is working on a 5 nm Exynos 1000 SoC

Started by Redaktion, December 12, 2019, 18:00:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It looks like the Exynos 990 will not really be a match for Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865, and Samsung is already hard at work on a next gen SoC. According to Ice Universe, Samsung will use the 5 nm manufacturing process for the upcoming Exynos 1000, which should also include ARM's high-performance Cortex-A78 cores coupled with either the Mali-G78 or an RDNA GPU from AMD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-is-working-on-a-5-nm-Exynos-1000-SoC.447114.0.html

Leibide

jeremy

They are guessing, since Arm Hercules was pushed through certification with Samsung 5nm design tools.

Since A77 is already taken, the next is presumed to be A78.

notabenem

After reading arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/12/qualcomms-new-snapdragon-865-is-a-step-backwards-for-smartphone-design/ I am not sure if the (slightly?) lower benchmarks scores won't return a huge benefit in battery life etc, thanks to the built-in 4G modem? After all, my S6 is still speedwise OK for me and the 990 must be faster than the 5 year old 7420...

S.Yu

Quote from: notabenem on December 12, 2019, 22:23:55
After reading arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/12/qualcomms-new-snapdragon-865-is-a-step-backwards-for-smartphone-design/ I am not sure if the (slightly?) lower benchmarks scores won't return a huge benefit in battery life etc, thanks to the built-in 4G modem? After all, my S6 is still speedwise OK for me and the 990 must be faster than the 5 year old 7420...
Wow that article, "Verizon's first public mmWave speed test hit an outrageously fast 760Mbps down"
Rather outrageously pathetic? As tested in both Xiongan and HK, 4G, LTE with 3CA or above, could reach over 1Gbps under ideal (but still real-world) circumstances. If mmWave doesn't hit 4Gbps then it's an epic fail, or an epic scam. Sub-6 could still mean 4-6GHz and the bandwidth around that frequency supports at least twice Verizon's tested mmWave speed, with worlds better stability and coverage than mmWave. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.
Seems that since the Chinese government handed a huge piece of the pie directly to Huawei, they're not in a hurry to dig in, while Qualcomm's really getting their hands dirty.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview