News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Solar Smartwatch Review – sport watch and offline satnav in one

Started by Redaktion, December 10, 2019, 22:55:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Fenix 6 Pro has a lot going for it. With offline maps and professional analysis features it focuses on preparation and follow-up of outdoor activities. You don't need to be a professional athlete in order to benefit from this sport watch. However, you do need to know how to use it, which is not as simple as it sounds given the huge amount of features and lack of touchscreen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Garmin-Fenix-6X-Pro-Solar-Smartwatch-Review-sport-watch-and-offline-satnav-in-one.446721.0.html

S.Yu

Wow, I've been eyeing this series since...Fenix 4, but never took the plunge waiting for a later model that's not worth the upgrade for a price drop in an previous model(looking at you, Surface), the later models kept proving to be worth the upgrade :)
What surprised me is the lack of touch though, I always thought (and having read a few reviews before) that this series supports touch.
The battery section could use standardization, like NBC's reviews for other devices. :)

yourt

Well, I picked up a Fenix 6X Pro Solar Edition past Black Friday (week). You have some remarks on complicated settings and all... but hey, you call it a smartwath lacking a speaker and so on. It is a SPORT WATCH! For a smart watch that price, get an Apple Watch or a Samsung. They run empty on you... well, they would run empty on me when doing King Alfreds Way on my gravelbike in 3 or 4 days with gps turned on. this one keeps track of all my activities, and gives info on my VO2MAX, training fitness, FTP, heart rate zones,... something Apple Watches do, mostly based on data gathered from other devices. A Garmin Edge 830 delivers some data to the Apple Health app, but no resting heart rate. A Xiaomi Mi band does... why? Ask Apple! It's a disaster gettiung everything together on those smartwatches from Strave, Komoot, heart rate, sleep,... and this watch takes it all and wraps it up nicely.
Too complicated? Yeah... maybe, I find m way, I adjusted to my liking, and I guess you're better off with a smartwatch, not a sportwatch. It gives me notifications though, but I'm not eager to (instantly) reply or call back when out on a run, cycling, hiking,... but hey, that's just me and I love this watch. :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview