News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The new features of the Apple MacBook Pro 16 are great, but it is expensive.

Started by Redaktion, December 07, 2019, 12:05:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new features of the MacBook Pro 16 were very convincing during our review, but negative aspects like the high prices and the poor maintenance are carried over from the previous model. The MBP 16 is not really innovative, either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-new-features-of-the-Apple-MacBook-Pro-16-are-great-but-it-is-expensive.446017.0.html

TheUsual

I paid $4020 last year for a late 2018 15" MB Pro with the top processor (6-core) 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD. Now it would be $3200 for similar specs and would include 2 more cores and all the other improvements. I agree the RAM and storage upgrade prices are ridiculous. I would like to upgrade to this and sell my 2018 but don't want to pay that much for a RAM upgrade and don't want to take a $2,000 loss on my 2018. So I guess I will hold on to what I've got for a while. Maybe they will put in a better web cam, update the refresh rate and drop the upgrade prices.  Maybe AMD will make a competitive graphics card too. One can hope.

manui

In the meantime, most Windows laptops manufacturers still have issues to get proper DPC latency on their products (XPS 15, X1E Gen 2, T490, Surface Laptop 3) and apparently they couldn't care less about it.
Maybe some of them are good, but between the laptop and the audio interface's driver it really is a lottery out there, and I simply find it unacceptable for €2000+.
As long as Microsoft can't figure out how to design a proper audio stack for low latency, I'll stick with Apple laptops even with their crappy soldered memories.
Desktop are a whole dirrent thing obviously.

not_anton

@TheUsual: Your post does not make sense. If the machine suits the workload - why would you want to upgrade? If it's insufficient - why did you buy a machine unsuitable for the job? If the new machine makes your work faster - what's the problem paying for an upgrade like RAM? (assuming more RAM speeds up the work so you can earn more per month).

Better web cams (with much better mikes) are sold separately for $100, high refresh rate monitors for $500-$1000. External GPUs are pluggable with Thunderbolt 3 if you can benefit from one.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview