News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Snapdragon 865 Geekbench benchmark appearance shows it trading blows with the Exynos 9825 and Apple A13 Bionic

Started by Redaktion, December 04, 2019, 16:41:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Snapdragon 865 was unveiled yesterday. The device has now been benchmarked on an outdated version of Geekbench. Recorded scores show it throwing blows with the Apple A12 Bionic, matching the Apple A13 in multi-core, while equalling the Exynos 9825 in single-core and destroying it in multi-core.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Snapdragon-865-Geekbench-benchmark-appearance-shows-it-trading-blows-with-the-Exynos-9825-and-Apple-A13-Bionic.445970.0.html

GatorTPK

I just checked the A13 SoC in my iPhone 11 Pro Max Geekbench 4 scores.  I got  5,481 for single core, and 13,886 for multi core scores.  It's nice to see it's still on top!   
That's typical for the Snapdragon to beat the 1.5 year old A series SoC In multi core.   This time the Snapdragon 865 came closer to beating the 0.5 year old A13 in just the multi core.  Apple's A series SoCs are way ahead in single core performance, but Snapdragon 865 is catching up, it performs about the same as the 2.5 year old A11 in single core performance.  They're close to 4300.  I wonder if it would compete better or worse in Geekbench 5?
I'm looking forward to the A14 with its 5nm process node.  I hope Apple brings back the 30-40% performance improvement, though 25% improvement would still be better than most of the past few iterations.  It's unlikely to consistently see better than 25% year after year while still using silicon.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview