News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Walmart EVOO Gaming 17 Review: Chinese Laptop with Walmart's Name Slapped On

Started by Redaktion, December 01, 2019, 21:46:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Walmart brand electronics may sound cheaply made at first, but this is the exact same laptop that many high-end resellers also offer including Maingear, Schenker, and Eluktronics.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Walmart-EVOO-Gaming-17-Review-Chinese-Laptop-with-Walmart-s-Name-Slapped-On.444810.0.html

Lemuel

as good as it sounds the only reason I'll not be able to put it in my consideration is that I'm from overseas and we don't have Walmart here. Service repair or Warranty is not available compared to known brands like Acer.

Piotr

It's interesting that this laptop performs much better than XMG NEO 17 with identical barebone. Is it undervolted by default or the paste was applied incorrectly in XMG?

william blake

A

Is EVOO owned by Walmart really? The EVOO website it completely broken. Including contact us page.

It also sucks that the UEFI BIOS is so limited for configuration. Is this for all of these Chinese rebrands?

That said, the price is really really good, especially during the holidays. I would highly suggest using a credit card that extends your warranty. Some Citi cards give 2 years extended warranty. Or get the walmart protection plan. Cause I get the feeling support isn't going to be there.

JustRay78

Quote from: A on December 03, 2019, 07:48:47
Is EVOO owned by Walmart really? The EVOO website it completely broken. Including contact us page.

It also sucks that the UEFI BIOS is so limited for configuration. Is this for all of these Chinese rebrands?

That said, the price is really really good, especially during the holidays. I would highly suggest using a credit card that extends your warranty. Some Citi cards give 2 years extended warranty. Or get the walmart protection plan. Cause I get the feeling support isn't going to be there.

I agree, I bought this but this is my main concern.  This comes with a 1 year warranty.  So, if it breaks within the 1 year who do you bring it to? Walmart?  If Evoo is down and out, and you didnt get an extended warranty, which I didnt, then is there a warranty at all?

Anon

I had the same issue with audio briefly. I figured out that you can fix it by going in to sound control panel and changing the sample rates and bit depths for the speakers. I changed it to a lower setting, then was able to return it to the higher default setting and haven't experienced issues since.

InoCare

Good specs and amazing price of $1k at Walmart right now.  However, that puny battery is what prevented me from pulling the trigger.  If EVOO were to remove the outdated 2.5" SSD space and use it for battery instead, I'd dump my Dell G5 for it for sure.  An 80+ to 90+ wh battery would REALLY make this laptop usable.  After all, it already has 2x M2 PCI-E SSD slots.

Evoo dood

Can anyone comment on how to control the fan with other software like msi Afterburner? Trying to make a fan curve profile

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview