News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Former Apple executives found NUVIA Inc with hopes to take on Intel and AMD

Started by Redaktion, November 17, 2019, 00:33:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NUVIA, a new company founded by three former executives with experience in designing and manufacturing Apple CPUs and SoCs, has officially been announced. NUVIA will manufacture hardware for use in data centers with a focus on delivering more powerful silicon that runs significantly more efficiently than existing chips from AMD and Intel. The venture has currently raised $53 million from companies like Dell.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Former-Apple-executives-found-NUVIA-Inc-with-hopes-to-take-on-Intel-and-AMD.443009.0.html

Anon

Interesting idea. I actually talked to someone in the team who mentioned that he was performance lead. He mentioned they are trying to take on Intel without much detail or substance. Also to me it looks like arm based cores for data centers. Though the person mentioned x86 based cores at much lower power and energy — like an order. How? Well he didn't had any answer. To me this looks like another soft machine kind of venture which will go no where.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview