News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The wait is over: new 16-inch MacBook Pro official with new Magic Keyboard, up to 64 GB RAM and 8 TB of SSD storage

Started by Redaktion, November 13, 2019, 17:59:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The wait is over for long-suffering Apple MacBook Pro fans as the company's rumored 16-inch MacBook Pro finally debuts. Among the headlining features is a new Magic Keyboard with scissor switch, up to 64 GB of RAM and the option to ramp storage all the way to an 8 TB SSD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-wait-is-over-new-16-inch-MacBook-Pro-official-with-new-Magic-Keyboard-up-to-64-GB-RAM-and-8-TB-of-SSD-storage.442746.0.html

S.Yu

Apparently this keyboard "magic" has eluded nobody but Apple.
IIRC the previous generation's GPU had GTX1060 performance at best, 80% improvement from that is...somewhere between 2060 and 2070? Finally somewhere decent but by that price point(certainly far above the base tier of $2400) one could get RTX5000, possibly RTX6000 from Asus.

The New Gold Standard

Quote from: S.Yu on November 13, 2019, 18:39:05
IIRC the previous generation's GPU had GTX1060 performance at best, 80% improvement from that is...somewhere between 2060 and 2070? Finally somewhere decent but by that price point(certainly far above the base tier of $2400) one could get RTX5000, possibly RTX6000 from Asus.

Previous generation was closer to gtx 1050. So this will be gtx 1060 performance. Don't think you'll be able to find anything on windows side with 11 hour battery life, studio grade quality speakers/mic and in this form factor all in one package. IMO, this is the first time apple's price tag has ever been worth it. Seriously considering switching to mac (been a windows user my whole life). I suspect we won't see RTX 5000/6000 performance like gpu's in thin and light until 5nm Ampere come.

S.Yu

Quote from: The New Gold Standard on November 22, 2019, 17:11:24
Quote from: S.Yu on November 13, 2019, 18:39:05

Previous generation was closer to gtx 1050. So this will be gtx 1060 performance. Don't think you'll be able to find anything on windows side with 11 hour battery life, studio grade quality speakers/mic and in this form factor all in one package. IMO, this is the first time apple's price tag has ever been worth it. Seriously considering switching to mac (been a windows user my whole life). I suspect we won't see RTX 5000/6000 performance like gpu's in thin and light until 5nm Ampere come.
Alright, I thought it rather closely matched 1050Ti.
Good speakers are rather icing on the cake but my personal use case for mobile workstations is desktop replacement, and I have an SRS-X9 sitting behind my screen right now as I type. Nothing integrated will come close anyway.
Tweaking a few settings could probably get Blade 15 Studio Edition close to 11 hrs?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview