News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Iris Plus and MX250 could be in trouble: AMD Ryzen 4000 Renoir Zen 2 APUs touted have a Ryzen 9 variant, expected to sport Vega 12 and Vega 15 iGPUs

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2019, 06:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's upcoming Renoir Zen2 APUs could feature a Vega 12 iGPU, according to information from Komachi. Since the 7nm node affords accommodation of more cores, it is also being speculated that a Vega 15 iGPU is also highly probable. We don't know much about these upcoming APUs, but a proper memory implementation could seen them further widening the gap with the Iris Plus Graphics G7 and the NVIDIA GeForce MX250.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Iris-Plus-and-MX250-could-be-in-trouble-AMD-Ryzen-4000-Renoir-Zen-2-APUs-touted-have-a-Ryzen-9-variant-expected-to-sport-Vega-12-and-Vega-15-iGPUs.442582.0.html

A

Is intel even selling Iris Plus? This is the 1st time ever when new CPUs are out and manufacturers are releasing new laptops with 2-3 year old CPUs. (At least for computers, I've seen it is phones before)

Intel is doing a great job of shooting themselves in the foot.

anon

Yes, the new Dell XPS 2-in-1 come with IceLake G7 chips at the high end.

But that configuration is eyewateringly expensive, and they ruined my favourite fanless line of laptops so...

peter j connell

Impossible.
Ask any of the "experts" on forums.
You see, "the APU has a performance ceiling imposed on it by memory bandwidth."

I am no geek, but I have always suspected thats BS. Certainly its limited vs gpu cache, but apu igp's can do more than now.

Now I hear for the first time, that space for CUs is cramped on the APU.

DavidC1

Quote from: A on November 11, 2019, 07:17:57
Is intel even selling Iris Plus? This is the 1st time ever when new CPUs are out and manufacturers are releasing new laptops with 2-3 year old CPUs. (At least for computers, I've seen it is phones before)

Stop being dramatic. Dell uses it also in their Inspiron lines. Of course cheaper laptops don't grab headlines so tech press don't cover them.

Acer's Swift 3 has it too.

Leoster

There are a coulple machines that do have Intels i7 1065G7, and not all of them are in the upper price segment. The Acer Swift 3 for example is available since November for around 1000€.

Btw, why havent you guys tested this highly interesting machine?

Renoir certainly sounds nice!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview