News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zephyrus M GU502GU Laptop Review: $1800 for Single-Channel RAM

Started by Redaktion, October 25, 2019, 11:01:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Zephyrus M GU502GU starts at the same price as the Razer Blade 15 with the same CPU, GPU, and 144 Hz display. It becomes difficult to recommend the Asus when the Razer alternative is both smaller and more rigid while offering essentially the same level of gaming performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zephyrus-M-GU502GU-Laptop-Review-1800-for-Single-Channel-RAM.440171.0.html

M2018

1. "medium performer"??? Really???
2. "able to maintain maximum CPU Turbo Boost on Turbo mode" is a con?  ;D

william blake

single channel laptops are not for testing. these are for immediate upgrade.
buy single-add another module-save the money. this is a consumer's choice.
so please, test dual channel configurations and always tell us about the necessity of having it.

Rinnnn

Quote from: M2018 on October 25, 2019, 11:44:02
1. "medium performer"??? Really???
2. "able to maintain maximum CPU Turbo Boost on Turbo mode" is a con?  ;D
1) $1800 and only has a 1660Ti, what the PHUCK. Should have come at least with a RTX 2070 at that price point.

2) Even though, 16GB is alot of RAM, but 16GB on single channel? That is BAD for gaming and productivity. Lots of video comparison tests prove that dual channel ram DESTROYS single channel ram on gaming.

So, yes the reviewer is right about calling it "Medium performer"

Michael Ramos

Hi allen,

Can you recommend to me some laptops that are best for architects. Which can also be versatile enough to play games with. Maybe priced below $1000. I'd really appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks

anon

QuoteUSB PD charging up to 65 W is supported

QuoteA more powerful Zephyrus M GU502GV is also available with the RTX 2060 GPU instead, but everything else remains identical between the two SKUs.

I just came here from the MSI GE63 Raider 8SG review, in awe that I missed this laptop that 1. has a decent GPU and 2. charges via USB-PD.

Sucks that it won't go up to 100W, and about how it lacks TB3... TB3 wouldn't actually help very much in my case--to plug back into my desk would go from 4 cables to 2 (plus buying a $300 dock).

But given this could replace two laptops for me, I might have to make this a Christmas gift for myself.

anon

The GU502GW has an RTX 2070 Max-Q and charges via USB-PD!

Why did no one tell me this?? I literally ordered one just now.

Expect more of me in the future arguing why it is technically possible and totally reasonable to expect this feature in high-end laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview