News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Mi 10 could be Xiaomi's first true camera monster

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2019, 15:27:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi is taking the camera performance of its phones seriously and could be set to push the envelope with its upcoming devices. New reports allude towards sumptuous camera features like 8K video recording, 5x optical zoom, and a 108 MP sensor debuting on the Mi 10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Mi-10-could-be-Xiaomi-s-first-true-camera-monster.439772.0.html

S.Yu

IDK if it's simply the insurmountable SNR or something but the 5x released have only been half decent, while the more conservative 2x, particularly Apple's with SmartHDR, are really catching up to the main module's output.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on October 20, 2019, 21:24:47
IDK if it's simply the insurmountable SNR or something but the 5x released have only been half decent, while the more conservative 2x, particularly Apple's with SmartHDR, are really catching up to the main module's output.

I really wish we could get a collaboration between Google and Huawei. That 5x zoom hardware with Google's computational HDR+ would be ridiculous.

Robert

I doubt this info is entirely correct.
Samsung's 108MP sensor has a Max video resolution of 6k (at 30p).
So, either they are using another sensor, or...

S.Yu

Quote from: Ricci Rox on October 20, 2019, 21:27:32

I really wish we could get a collaboration between Google and Huawei. That 5x zoom hardware with Google's computational HDR+ would be ridiculous.
The 5x periscope is nothing special, and it's not Huawei's. Samsung has Corephotonics and there's another Korean firm providing such modules. I have no doubt Hoya could also provide similar if not better ones if a deal could be reached regarding price and volume.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on October 21, 2019, 14:49:31

The 5x periscope is nothing special, and it's not Huawei's. Samsung has Corephotonics and there's another Korean firm providing such modules. I have no doubt Hoya could also provide similar if not better ones if a deal could be reached regarding price and volume.

Haha, I know the periscope modules aren't made by Huawei. Just specified Huawei because they seem to be the company pushing heavy, inventive camera hardware these days, while having some rather meh processing.

S.Yu

Quote from: Ricci Rox on October 21, 2019, 14:52:46
Quote from: S.Yu on October 21, 2019, 14:49:31

Haha, I know the periscope modules aren't made by Huawei. Just specified Huawei because they seem to be the company pushing heavy, inventive camera hardware these days, while having some rather meh processing.
This could work with Xiaomi, since MIX Alpha is getting 108MP and probably a periscope 5x. I'm just afraid the current ISP couldn't handle Google's stack with binned 27MP, much less 108MP. It'll work, and with help of that 12GB RAM if they throw it all into another night mode that operates with lag though, ZSL is probably impossible, as of now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview