News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Revealed Android 10 update roadmap hints towards Sony abandoning the Xperia XZ1 phones

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2019, 15:26:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A carrier-provided list of Sony Xperia devices billed to get the Android 10 update has surfaced, and will be sure to leave owners of Sony's older flagships infuriated, as apparently, the Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact will not get Android 10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Revealed-Android-10-update-roadmap-hints-towards-Sony-abandoning-the-Xperia-XZ1-phones.439867.0.html

Boris_new

I had respect for sony mobile division for so many years, but watching them do nothing to regain the trust of the buyers, that is where they lost me.
Selling others (Xiaomi, apple, google, ...) camera modules and scoring lover grades than competitors, I never understood. For sure sony could launch better phones with better cameras, but sony doesn't care, obviously.
I won't buy any sony anymore that is for sure.

Astar

This is such a clickbait article! It wastes readers time and really pisses us off! Because of that, many superficial readers like @Boris_new get fooled into thinking that "sony (sic) doesn't care, obviously."

By your own admission, this is a list from Docomo. By your own admission, buried later in the article:

"Also missing from that list is the Xperia 10 and 10 Plus, Sony's two mid-range phones from earlier this year. It would seem that the duo wasn't sold by the carrier, though, which explains the omission."

It doesn't just "seem" to be the case. This is BLOODY OBVIOUSLY the case that Docomo would not include those 2 models in the list since they DON'T SELL THEM!

Yet you use a sensationally stupid headline, which smears Sony's name. I am not even a Sony smartphone user but I have friends who are. This is not the first time that this website has risked the ire of readers and OEMs by using sensationalism to grab cheap headlines by twisting words!

You want to be a respectable website, find out what investigative journalism means. Else you're just a bunch of minimum wage bloggers.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Astar on October 21, 2019, 12:27:01
This is such a clickbait article! It wastes readers time and really pisses us off! Because of that, many superficial readers like @Boris_new get fooled into thinking that "sony (sic) doesn't care, obviously."

By your own admission, this is a list from Docomo. By your own admission, buried later in the article:

"Also missing from that list is the Xperia 10 and 10 Plus, Sony's two mid-range phones from earlier this year. It would seem that the duo wasn't sold by the carrier, though, which explains the omission."

It doesn't just "seem" to be the case. This is BLOODY OBVIOUSLY the case that Docomo would not include those 2 models in the list since they DON'T SELL THEM!

Yet you use a sensationally stupid headline, which smears Sony's name. I am not even a Sony smartphone user but I have friends who are. This is not the first time that this website has risked the ire of readers and OEMs by using sensationalism to grab cheap headlines by twisting words!

You want to be a respectable website, find out what investigative journalism means. Else you're just a bunch of minimum wage bloggers.
Author here. I don't usually reply these but I felt your comment deserved a reply, since you took time out of your busy day to write it.
I'm sorry if you somehow think this is clickbait or sensationalism.

Both the headline and abstract make it known that the list isn't absolute. Hence words like "hints", "apparently", "carrier-provided".

"It should be noted that this isn't official information from Sony, and was instead posted by DoCoMo, a Japanese carrier."

This clarifies early on that it's not a list from Sony.

"If this list turns out to accurate globally, it would mean that Sony only provided the phones with one major update."

Again, treading with caution.

This points out that the 10 and 10 Plus are missing from the list, and indeed, they are. Then goes on to, again, clarify the cause of the omission. Just so owners of the phones don't start feeling they're getting shafted.

Then there's this.
"In any case, this isn't quite an official list. Sony usually provides an official update roadmap, so we may as well wait for that one."

All through the article, I made sure to clarify and explain whatever information was being given. Not sure how any of that can be construed as misleading but hey, feel free to whinge.

Thanks for reading, though!

Ather

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview