News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Half of all iPhones upgraded to iOS 13 in first 26 days

Started by Redaktion, October 18, 2019, 05:40:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Just 26 days after its release, Apple has reported that 50% of all iPhones are running iOS 13. Compared to the abysmal history of Android OEMs' software updates, the high adoption rates for the newer versions iOS continue to be a strong feature of the iPhone brand.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Half-of-all-iPhones-upgraded-to-iOS-13-in-first-26-days.439794.0.html

A

I still don't understand why there is a comparison of iOS and Android adoption rates. Both operate completely different and comparing them directly makes little sense.

Android is open source, so it is available to consumers much sooner than iOS is. So day 1 for Android is not the same thing as day 1 for iOS.

Overall though, ever since security upgrades have been decoupled from main upgrades, I prefer waiting a bit for my android device to get updates. Unlike iOS, most new features can be replicated via some 3rd party app. the ones that can't are usually hardware based anyways. (That is if I even care about the new feature. Most new features these days are gimmicks)

In the meantime, I want to be sure the apps I do use actually work. Which means the developers need time to play around with the final version and do any fixes. Because my app not working is much more an issue than any new feature. All my friends dread iOS upgrades as the apps they use keep breaking here and there.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview