News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The LG G6 and V20 Android 9.0 Pie roll-out is a mess

Started by Redaktion, October 16, 2019, 15:40:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

At the turn of this year, LG promised to deliver Android 9.0 Pie to the G6 and V20 by Q3 2019. Has it delivered? If you are a G6 owner then possibly, but many are still awaiting Pie on their handsets as we head ever deeper into Q4. By contrast, LG has offered only the faintest of glimmers for the V20, with all variants missing the self-imposed Q3 deadline.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-LG-G6-and-V20-Android-9-0-Pie-roll-out-is-a-mess.438987.0.html

MarylandUSA

9.0? My unlocked V20 hasn't received an update since Android 7.0 on November 1, 2017. The AT&T kiosk staff can't figure out why.

phatmanXXL

I wouldn't expect to see any update on carrier phones. Those two phones are more than capable of running Pie.

AlexSeconds

I didn't even receive the Oreo update on my V20 H990DS (ESA region) even though other regions have already got it. I'll never buy another LG products again.

Mark david

Eddie10011

It's sad...I've had an unlocked G6 on T-Mobile's network for 2 years. The last security update I got was  Sept 1, 2018. Still stuck on Oreo. The almost non-existent updates with LG is the reason I won't get another one.

Ordi

Just bought the Xiaomi Mi9 T Pro. I am done with LG, the G6 was my last phone from them. Not even two upgrades for a flagship phone? Thanks for nothing LG and i'm surely not the only person dumping LG for good.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Ordi on October 22, 2019, 07:07:49
Just bought the Xiaomi Mi9 T Pro. I am done with LG, the G6 was my last phone from them. Not even two upgrades for a flagship phone? Thanks for nothing LG and i'm surely not the only person dumping LG for good.

Well, to be fair, quite a number of G6 users have received Pie.

Nico Beinema

LG4, burned mainboard due to crap design. No courtesy from LG. LG 6, upgrading Android? Fxxxcking joke.... Stay away. I am avoiding this brand as the plague after my two hight tech encounters on mobiles. Disgraceful.

Brett

Ordi...I'm with you on this one.. I will also be dumping LG forever.Way too slow to release updates..Almost end of 2019 and still on crappy Android 8... Waiting for my Xiaomi Mi 9 to arrive soon.. hopefully they will be better than LG

Sully

Hello fellow LG G6 users. I'm in Fredericton NB Canada and I got my Android 9 Pie update on my LG-H873 ( Canadian phone ) with Virgin Mobile Canada, on the morning of October 23/2019. I never have issues with phones, tablets or any other devices because I treat my devices properly, which includes, having a great case with holster that clips onto pocket, so it's not in the pocket to get sat on and get ruined and broken and a tempered glass screen protector, both things are a must as soon as I get a new device, ice never had a broken device, scratched, shattered or even a little crack ever on screen or device, always completely protected, cuz they are not cheap to replace, unless you're a millennial who doesn't care cuz he/she has filthy rich parents and spoil/ruin their privileged, entitled little brats and keep buying them more and more high end devices!!!  The main issue with people, some adults included. I ALWAYS turn my phone off at night when I'm sleeping, people want to get a hold of me for emergencies, they can call my landline! This is a major issue for 2 reasons, one referrs back to the rich, privileged and entitled folks. I build, rebuild, repair regular and gaming computers, Windows based ( DOS ) IBM Clones at Apple and also all phones, tablets and any other electronics including home electronics, so, I'm not talking out my a**, phones are like anything else electronic, electricity gets HOT, all devices are made of this, cardboard and solder, solder melts when hot and can run into other very small circuits in the very small mainboards, which can really play havoc with a device's features and possibly stop stuff from working properly all together, also, cardboard ( what the mainboards are made out of, cardboard can and will get hot and cook parts of circuits on the main board, so, for these reasons, definitely not good to leave phone constantly 24/7 or prepare for a dead phone or stuff stop working periodically and one by one. That was one very important and Free information for proper phone care. Another concerns proper phone software care ( including app, security and system updates ) again, involves, TURNING PHONE OFF AND PLUGGING IT IN TO CHARGE, plus it charges faster too with nothing on and running!!! But here's the thing, the way phones, tablets and so on ( including Android, IOS, which is Apple and Windows devices, including Laptops ) When your device is off, plugged in and when you get up in the morning and turn them on, that's when they get ALL their proper updates, during the turning on of the device!! The fresh, cool and completely charged device. An example: my friend, who doesn't believe in any of my advice ( even though I've fixed numerous laptops, tablets and phones for her and she knows I know how and what to do with them ) she never turns her phone off, plugs it in at night, still powered on and just unplugs in the morning and goes about her way. She gas the exact same phone as mine, specs and all,we even have the same provider, but when bi asked her, how do you like Android 9 Pie Friday, November 1 st (9 days after I got my full update from 8.0 to 9 ) she said, I never noticed a difference, I looked in about phone/hardware and she still had Oreo 8.0. I asked her to let me do something. I turned off the phone, plugged it in for like 3 hours, when I turned it on, she had 28 Google Play Store app updates, 4 security updates and the Android 9 Pie update. I did  security updates first, then app updates, restarted and plugged it in and did the OS update ( good idea to have it plugged in when doing an OS update, just to be safe when it turns off and on a couple times during update ) now her phone is completely updated and she said today, it hasn't run so good and fast since the day she bought it, as it does now, said she's been having tons of issues, was gonna buy a new one and we only got them last December 2018. And she turns it off every night now to charge for the last 2 days, and always has app updates when she turns it on in the morning!! Hopefully this is helpful advice for some folks!!😁😁

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview