News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X395 Laptop Review: A fight for the hegemony of business laptops

Started by Redaktion, October 15, 2019, 23:59:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD has been intensifying its competition with Intel recently, as increasingly more Ryzen-powered laptops have been appearing on the market lately. Lenovo has introduced AMD, and Intel-powered versions of its 13.3-inch ThinkPad X39 series, the AMD version of which will be the focus of our review. The ThinkPad X390 impressed in our recent review, so how does the AMD-powered X395 do? Read on to find out whether it outdo the X390, along with the advantages and disadvantages of both models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X395-Laptop-Review-A-fight-for-the-hegemony-of-business-laptops.438975.0.html

e-baisa

" Radeon RX Vega 6 is not powerful enough to take advantage of this functionality."(Freesync)

What does that even mean? Every configuration can benefit from freesync, and more so if fps are on the low side. So, what was the freesync range of the display?
Even if Vega6 in this case is power limited, because APU seems to be set  by Lenovo to just ~15W off the grid, ~12W off the battery- still there are thousands of older games that will run at high fps even on power limited Vega6, with freesync.
Also, if laptop does not run some resolution, most modern games have resolution scaling in them, that can make them playable on almost any APU.

Esben Barnkob

HDMI 2.0 is good for a business notebook which is connected to a large flat screen for presentations. Most 75+" displays are 4K, and with HDMI 1.4 you get only 4K30 Hz.

Laurie McKinlay

What wasn't really mentioned in the review - if you are a student in Germany, the X395 is 200 Euros cheaper. If you aren't it's nearly 600 euros cheaper than it's Intel counterpart. Intel really are in trouble.

David Divm

Im considering buying the x395, although I'm debating between the Ryzen 5 and the Ryzen 7, as both are offered with just 8GB of Ram here in China.
Are they power limited? Would the throttilng or the RAM limit the Ryzen7/Vega10 so that a Ryzen5/Vega8 would perfomance similarly ?

Fabio

I got the x395 mainly based on this review and it was the worst pc purchase of my life.

FIrst of all, on the specs they advertised "backlit keyboard" and I got one without the backlit keyboard. The support was awful bad they did not allow me to modify the order. They can't even send me the keyboard, so 0 help from them.

Battery life it's really bad. On power saving, minumum brightness and light web usage I got 4-5 hours. Very far from what was advertising. This on 3500 model. For a business model this is a joke, you can't even finish the work day.

So, I can't recommend this pc, In the future, I will avoid Lenovo company and Digital River like plague.

ana

Hi

I noted you had an issue with the "backlit keyboard". I also got an X395 in May.  Just press the Function "Fn" key and the spacebar, this will activate the keyboard backlight. If you want to increase the brightness of the backlight, press the "Fn" key and spacebar again. You also do the same if you want to switch off the backlight.

I also find the Lenovo Toolbar useful in navigating the functions and features of the X395.  If you go  to theLenovo Vantage > Device > My Device Settings > Input & Accessories, it will show you hidden keyboard functions.

But if you want the full details, go to the Lenovo Vantage Toolbar, click "Support", scroll and find "Documentation" and click "User Guide".
The "User Guide" information will come up on your default browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge,Chrome, Firefox,etc).

Hope this information helps.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview