News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL Laptop Review: Premium Ice Lake convertible is a strong competitor for the Dell XPS 13

Started by Redaktion, October 15, 2019, 19:39:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo wants to bring its premium Yoga convertible to the next level, with the help of the latest Ice Lake CPUs from Intel. Compared with the predecessor, Lenovo has not changed much and instead has opted to work on a few weak-points. In our review, this strategy certainly pays off!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-C940-14IIL-Laptop-Review-Premium-Ice-Lake-convertible-is-a-strong-competitor-for-the-Dell-XPS-13.438766.0.html

hhaaaaaaaaa

Sounds good. Finally getting some decent performance out of convertibles. Although I like having a touchscreen, I would prefer the Prestige 14 due to it being able to run 40% faster on constant CPU loads.  Can't wait for its review to come out.

maj.plisken

As always, top job notebookcheck. Any chance of reviewing the 15 inch model with the GTX 1650 and the 45W cpu?

A

See dell, it is possible to make a laptop that doesn't get hot enough to make waffles!

It also confirms that Ice lake can in fact run cool enough if given PROPER thermal management.

Andrii

Such an outdated design! Is this  IBM 1998 edition? These notebooks are for top managers and meeting of the corp board. A chunk of grey metal doesn't suffice!

John Darwin Wilson

It would be great to compare the C940 to the ThinkPad X1 Yoga. I can't find a good head to head comparison (nor for the C930).

Daniel Baumann

Do you think the  i5-1035G4 with 16gb of Ram is much slower? Or does it make any remarkable difference at all? Thanks for your help.. im still undecided which convertible to get for university

william blake

i was thinking..what the hell is wrong with those stickers?
CORE I7 @TM (R)  all that stuff. isnt it anti-consumer? who and why need a sticker on his personal device?

william blake

Quote from: Daniel Baumann on October 18, 2019, 14:59:34
Do you think the  i5-1035G4 with 16gb of Ram is much slower? Or does it make any remarkable difference at all? Thanks for your help.. im still undecided which convertible to get for university
hmm at 1st sight they are the same. better binned, a bit more frequency, so exactly like i5-i7 before or ryzen 5 ryzen 7. id say it worth 50 extra usd. maybe. 150-200? no way.

Eric

You do get the updated Iris Plus Graphics, in my opinion with the better quality silicon is worth the $150, ultimately a personal decision depending on your budget.

Quote from: william blake on October 18, 2019, 16:08:33
hmm at 1st sight they are the same. better binned, a bit more frequency, so exactly like i5-i7 before or ryzen 5 ryzen 7. id say it worth 50 extra usd. maybe. 150-200? no way.

rondor

How is this different from the Lenovo s740 14iil (the i7 1065g7, 16gb ram version)? Are the only real differences the speakers, the touch display and the ports or is there something else?

tintin

What about the 4k model; any chance of a review? (I'm mainly interested in whether the 4k display uses pwm).

4sofnature

16:9, reflective screen, poor trackpad, bad built quality... I'd still pick XPS 13 2in1 over C940.

massmatters

My conversation with Lenovo:

Andersson Steve M.: Hello, thanks for contacting Lenovo Sales. My name is Andersson Steve M. (Rep ID: 2900729623). At the conclusion of this chat, there will be a brief, two-question survey, scoring from 1-10 where 10 is the best. Please be sure to ask about our flexible payment options!

Me: need c940 14" info

Andersson Steve M.: Welcome to Sales Chat Department. How can I assist you with your purchase today?

Me: 5 displays available?

Andersson Steve M.: Yes

Me: do any use pwm?

Andersson Steve M.: all of them

Me: notebookcheck says the 1080p glossy does not

Andersson Steve M.: Well, that is the information I have about displays

Me: i'm not even sure what it means. What does pwm mean?

Andersson Steve M.: Pulse-width modulation

Me: is that good or bad?

Andersson Steve M.: That is good because it improve the resolution and avoid you headache

Me: Have a nice day!

Note the level of English: ...it improve the resolution and avoid you headache

I was going to ask about whether the anti-glare was an etching or a coating, but after Steve's dissertation on PWM, I decided not to ask. I think it's just the Gorilla glass. Anybody have a better idea about that?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview