News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Researchers claim Apple restricts wireless charger speeds in iOS 13.1

Started by Redaktion, October 05, 2019, 22:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The blog ChargerLab claims to have found that some wireless chargers are being restricted to 5 watts (W) of power while iPhones are placed on them with the new iOS update, whereas the same devices could deliver 7.5W under the older software version. However, this apparently does not affect those brands that are sold in the Cupertino giant's stores.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Researchers-claim-Apple-restricts-wireless-charger-speeds-in-iOS-13-1.436966.0.html

Jesse Van Den Broek

That is very interesting. Did you only test the new iPhone 11 flagship series? Because on my iPhone X, I don't have any qualitative data to back this up, but it looks like my phone now charges faster wirelessly. In settings, under battery, when charging, the gradient of the change in battery charged looks more steep than before this version of iOS. Also, it just feels like it charges faster, like when I place it down to charge for a shorter time, like half an hour, there seems to be more power added to it than what I normally get. However, this could maybe be a different change. Maybe the phone charges wirelessly more efficiently and hence less heat and throttling of the charging speed? I have no idea, but it seems faster for me on iPhone X on the new iOS versions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview