News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 5 3580U and Ryzen 7 3780U with an extra CU constitute the semi-custom AMD Ryzen Microsoft Surface Edition series

Started by Redaktion, October 03, 2019, 09:25:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD and Microsoft have collaborated to create the AMD Ryzen Microsoft Surface Edition processor — a Zen+ APU custom-built for the new 15-inch Surface Laptop 3. The Ryzen Microsoft Surface Edition constitutes two SKUs — Ryzen 5 3580U and Ryzen 7 3780U with Vega 9 and Vega 11 graphics respectively. The integrated Vega GPU also comes with an extra CU for enhanced compute performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-3580U-and-Ryzen-7-3780U-with-an-extra-CU-constitute-the-semi-custom-AMD-Ryzen-Microsoft-Surface-Edition-series.436804.0.html

DF

The AMD variant is curious, but since it's not upgradeable I'm afraid that the lack of Wifi 6 is a no go for me at least.  Without that you can't get WPA3 and that's going to be key to wifi security going forward.
I do otherwise like the offering of AMD variants in the series.  To me that's just "the way it should be" in that a user can decide which chips suit their needs and get the device that contains those chips.

heffeque

Quote from: DF on October 03, 2019, 14:22:15
The AMD variant is curious, but since it's not upgradeable I'm afraid that the lack of Wifi 6 is a no go for me at least.  Without that you can't get WPA3 and that's going to be key to wifi security going forward.
I do otherwise like the offering of AMD variants in the series.  To me that's just "the way it should be" in that a user can decide which chips suit their needs and get the device that contains those chips.
Just FYI, WPA3 has already been hacked with at least 2 vulnerabilities.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview