News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Surface Pro 7 defines itself through power, performance - and USB type C ports

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2019, 18:25:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Surface Pro 7 has finally stepped up to USB type C support. Otherwise, it remains a 12.3-inch 2-in-1 with advanced Pen features and a refined Type Keyboard attachment. The Pro 7 starts at US$749 and ships from October 22, 2019.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Surface-Pro-7-defines-itself-through-power-performance-and-USB-type-C-ports.436787.0.html

SquirrelsGoneWild

No Thunderbolt means that those USB-C ports aren't any better than the USB-A ports on the Surface Pro 6. Honestly, the SP7 was the biggest let-down of the entire show. Most consumers would be better off getting a discounted SP6 while they can.

Dan Ridenhour

I have two big (at least for me) questions about the new Surface Pro 7.   First, we know the usb-c port supports display port out... but does it support power delivery so you can charge with it instead of the Microsoft connect?  and what speed is it... its not thunderbolt but is it at least gen2? 

Also...  is the i5 variant still fanless?    the i5 8250u quad core equipped fanless surface was a great variant... for my use more attractive than the i7.  Did they keep it fanless in the new model or have to go with a fan due to the new CPU.

Thunderbolt 3, fanless i5 would be an easy choice... but it doesn't exist so the Thinkpad X tablet still wins that competition.

S.Yu

Quote from: SquirrelsGoneWild on October 03, 2019, 16:16:23
No Thunderbolt means that those USB-C ports aren't any better than the USB-A ports on the Surface Pro 6. Honestly, the SP7 was the biggest let-down of the entire show. Most consumers would be better off getting a discounted SP6 while they can.
You mean second-handed SP5.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview