News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Pro X: A US$999 7 W ARM 2-in-1 with 2x USB Type-C and LTE that is orderable from today

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2019, 18:06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The next-generation Surface Pro is here, and it starts at US$999. The Surface Pro X, previously leaked as the Surface Campus and Surface 7, has a 13-inch Pixel Sense display with a 2,880 x 1,920 resolution and is just 5.3 mm thick. The Surface Pro 7 features a custom 7 W ARM processor that delivers up to 3x more power per watt than the Surface Pro 6 too and is available to pre-order today.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Pro-X-A-US-999-7-W-ARM-2-in-1-with-2x-USB-Type-C-and-LTE-that-is-orderable-from-today.436780.0.html

S.Yu

...all but certain that it's x86 emulation...
However, the bigger question: does it run apks?
Also the price...

Tridanite

From the Surface Pro X processor page:

*Some software, apps, and accessories sold separately. App availability and compatibility may vary. At this time, Surface Pro X will not install 64-bit applications that have not been ported to ARM64, some games and CAD software, and some third-party drivers or anti-virus software. New 64-bit apps are coming to ARM 64 all the time.

S.Yu

SquirrelsGoneWild

Love the hardware, but I wouldn't buy without reading reviews on software support. Microsoft has been pushing developers to compile their applications for ARM, but many developers have dragged their feet, which will mean many apps will have to be emulated at 32-bit for some time. It remains to be seen if the custom Snapdragon CPU and GPU can keep up.

Also no Thunderbolt, though that is a limitation of the Qualcomm chipset.

Dan Ridenhour

Finally a bigger surface...  I've been waiting for a 13.5" or 15" surface pro since the surface books started sporting those screens.   Unfortunately this still isn't there with a 13" screen and it sacrifices way to much surface power for that .3" screen size increase.    Looks like the Thinkpad X tablet with a 13" screen and first gen quad core U series chips still rules the roost. 

I want a powerful tablet that lets me display PDFs at full 8.5x11 size like a sheet of paper at retna like resolutions... but no one delivers... the closest being the 12.9 ipad pro... but I'm not going apple again.  Ever.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview