News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell has not broken USB Type-C charging on the XPS 15 9570 with BIOS 1.13.0; may have minimised fans running on standby though

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2019, 18:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell recently released a new BIOS revision for the XPS 15 9570, so we thought we would test it. Despite reports to the contrary, the update does not break USB Type-C charging, nor does it have any negative effects on performance either. Read on to find out our experiences with BIOS 1.13.0 for the XPS 15 9570.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-has-not-broken-USB-Type-C-charging-on-the-XPS-15-9570-with-BIOS-1-13-0-may-have-minimised-fans-running-on-standby-though.435308.0.html

Dangorgen

Alex Alderson

Quote from: Dangorgen on October 02, 2019, 12:52:00
Have you noticed anything on the over saturated colors as seen on earlier bios versions?

If my memory serves correctly, that issue has only affected UHD models. We tested BIOS 1.13.0 with an FHD XPS 15 9570, so we cannot confirm whether the new revision changes anything in that regard. Dell did not inform us of that being the case, though.

Lex G

They may have not broken USB-C charging but this update does break my HDMI 2.0 output possibility. Any port to external 4K screen stopped working for my after this terrible bios update. Then again, what can you expect from Dell.  The ' support '  they offered me with my problem was horrendous as well ...

** the solution : I downgraded to bios 1.11

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview