News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel strikes back: Core i7-1065G7 with Iris Plus Graphics G7 on par with AMD Radeon RX Vega 10

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2019, 00:25:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel's new Ice Lake processors promise significant performance improvements for the integrated GPU. The version of the Core i7-1065G7 with 64 shader units is particularly interesting and is supposed to close the gap to AMD or even beat the Vega GPUs. We have the first benchmarks of the GPU inside the new Lenovo Yoga C940.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-strikes-back-Core-i7-1065G7-with-Iris-Plus-Graphics-G7-on-par-with-AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-10.435709.0.html

Bobthepcbuilder

Alex Rubio

R31ya

John Doe

Intel has had Iris graphics options before and it was offered in like 5 laptops due to a high price, I presume.

AMD Ryzen 5/7 CPU's come with Vega 8/10 as standard and I highly doubt the same goes for Iris, so the article should reflect that and not give an impression that this is the new standard.

Cristian

too little too late, so not quite groundbreaking performance.
keep in mind that vega igpus are bottlenecked by ddr4 2400 mhz memory support, while intel used lpddr4x, which is a a bit over 50% faster! Imagine that RAM on a ryzen CPU.

Also, how about the prices? I doubt these i7s with iris pro GPUs will cost as much as a ryzen 7. and the zen 2 mobile CPUs are on the way. good job intel, but not good enough :)

Light

Excuse me... Are we comparing these two? Vega11 igpu released like 2 years ago with ryzen5. Please tell me the price difrence. If igpu is your thing just buy 2400g....

rv

Hmmm.... so the latest Integrated Graphics silicon vapourware from Intel barely competes with 2 year old AMD Vega!!

And that is supposed to be an achievement?

R V

AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 3700U with Vega 10 still outperforms Intel.  Just OEM's have not adopted it.

Go to notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-10-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.260178.0

JanK

Do you guys have an UHD version of C940? I'm intressed about Lenovos promise of 9,5 hours of battery time on uhd model, if it's really Athena qualified laptop then it should hit that result at 250nits of brightness.. That would roughly mean 4-5hours at 500nits, and that would be impressive.

Foobario

ManDaddio

1.Yes this is quite an achievement from Intel since they are not a graphics company. This shows they are more serious about providing an actually useful iGPU.
2. These are not for desktops so yes they would be good to have in laptops with an Intel chip. Not the AMD g series. It's funny people rave over those cheapy chips.
3. I hope Intel keeps going forward with making better gpus. AMD needs some competition on the low end GPU spot.
AMD fanboys usually cry because of lack of competition. Well here it is.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview