News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Goodbye Intel: Thinkpad T495s with AMD Ryzen is the better choice for many users

Started by Redaktion, September 27, 2019, 14:34:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After our extensive review of the Lenovo ThinkPad T490s with Intel CPU and the much cheaper Thinkpad T495s with AMD Ryzen CPU, we can pronounce an almost unrestricted recommendation for the AMD variant. Why this is and whether there may not be a catch here, read here.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Goodbye-Intel-Thinkpad-T495s-with-AMD-Ryzen-is-the-better-choice-for-many-users.435613.0.html

86lappytester

I myself have been both a AMD desktop and notebook user.
Owned AMD notebook since Turion -> Phenom -> Richland.
Unfortunately when Ryzen came, I did not owned one.
Turn of tide and now just hope more laptop uses AMD Ryzen.chips. 
As well as few other factors:
- Market availability, example Lenovo Thinkpad T495 for Asia market.
It remain exclusive VIA online only, retail channels and etc. you
won't see it. 
You won't be able to buy one off the shelf so had to place order online through Lenovo webstore.
- There is still perception that AMD chips are hot and slow.

Canol

How is the battery life compared to Intel? It was disappointing on last gen AMD laptop CPUs as far as I remember.

jeremy

Battery life is now on par, sometimes better, than Intel counterparts. A very massive improvement against my first gen Ryzen in my E485.

Sujit

Amd never worked for me,  both my laptop desktop amd motherboard shortcircuited.  Not for Indian subcontitent with power surges. Intel does just fine.

DIMO KOSTOV

After Spectre and Meltdown I wonder if anyone serios will ever buy intel again. I am just wating until there is Amd laptop with amoled display.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview