News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Five weird gaming laptop features that we're probably never going to see again

Started by Redaktion, September 26, 2019, 07:57:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Remember AMD Dual Graphics, Acer FrostCore, or the Lenovo UltraBay? We look back at some of the failed features that major OEMs have tried pushing onto their gaming laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Five-weird-gaming-laptop-features-that-we-re-probably-never-going-to-see-again.435518.0.html

86lappytester

I sincerely hope AMD Dual Graphics/Hybrid Graphics do not make a comeback.
I agree with the article on paper it sound fantastic but:
- Back than Llano/Trinity onwards APU, it's CPU performance is weak thus bottleneck the GPU.
- Unlike Ryzen mobile since AMD had started to provide driver for it.
Back than, most drivers for Dual Graphics/Hybrid Graphics are from manufacturers which usually are quite dated.
Common issue arise from driver are random crashes or even "graphic driver have stopped working" error.
Driver from AMD website does not support Dual Graphics/Hybrid graphic thus there is no way to update the graphic.
Most of the time I had to disable Dual Graphics/Hybrid Graphic to prevent it from crashing.
What I wish for are more laptops based on AMD Ryzen.

Alucard_Tepes

The Lenovo Ultrabay graphics card was actually amazing. Especially considering it was available for the 14" version. I remember using mine, a y410p with dual GT755m GPUs. It was amazing. I still have it and it still works today, 6 years later, too bad the hinge mechanism wasn't very good.

I still remember the joy of playing Dragon Age 3 in it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview