News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T495s Review: The AMD business laptop is good, but the fan is annoying

Started by Redaktion, September 25, 2019, 16:45:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad T495s with the Ryzen 7 Pro 3700U is a serious alternative to the Intel-based T490s. The price in particular makes the device very interesting, since there are not many compromises compared to the Intel model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T495s-Review-The-AMD-business-laptop-is-good-but-the-fan-is-annoying.435254.0.html

Amani Ahnuar

I have been wiating for this particular review for months, googling up in case you guys uploaded it finally. Thanks for the work! I'm on a tight budget and think proves to be a very interesting choice.

MarkC

The fan on the X1 Carbon was annoying as well. The fan on MacBook Pro rarely comes on and on the iPad Pro there is no fan and little or not heat so why on earth do the fans need to spin when running a few web browser or watching a youtube video? No fan in a smartphone and smartphone does not get hot watching YouTube videos or browsing a few websites.

riccardik

Quote from: MarkC on September 25, 2019, 23:18:09
The fan on the X1 Carbon was annoying as well. The fan on MacBook Pro rarely comes on and on the iPad Pro there is no fan and little or not heat so why on earth do the fans need to spin when running a few web browser or watching a youtube video? No fan in a smartphone and smartphone does not get hot watching YouTube videos or browsing a few websites.
Quote from: justraimis on September 25, 2019, 17:32:08
Is this fan problem also present in ryzen 5 model?

just download notebook fan control, i use it on my envy x360 and it's great

T C T

Quote from: justraimis on September 25, 2019, 17:32:08
Is this fan problem also present in ryzen 5 model?

I have the ryzen 5 model.
The fan is quiet in on normal stress loads(word, web browsing, coding) compared to some more consumer focused laptops and certainly if you put it in silent mode.

When you boot up a demanding work load the fan will be audible but I don't find it that annoying.

pb--

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview