News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

One whole year after launch, a host of LG V40 users are still on Android Oreo

Started by Redaktion, September 22, 2019, 15:15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG launched the V40 about a year ago as a Galaxy Note 9 competitor. That sounds good on paper and the hardware does compete, but all of that falls apart when one realizes that a host of V40 users are still on Android Oreo, the same version of Android the device was released with.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/One-whole-year-after-launch-a-host-of-LG-V40-users-are-still-on-Android-Oreo.435144.0.html

Arikitajima

Right. I'll never in my life buy another LG Device. I've only used iPhones,galaxy flagships and a couple Nexus phones. This is the first time I've been stuck with a phone that lacks support not only from the manufacturer but from basically the world. There is virtually no community for it at all. It's a shame because besides the puny battery it's a good phone.

Nathan W.

You have Android 8.1!
I have a factory unlocked LG V30S US998. It's stuck on 8.0, and the only way I can update is if I download a full KDZ image and flash it with my computer.

Needless to say, never getting an LG device again.

TomJ

My wife and I have the v40 through at&t.  Been on pie for a while. Love this phone. To be honest, v it was still a great phone even on 8.1.

Joseph

Was fortunate enough to get the LG v40 at half off through Amazon..Been a big fan of LG,,, had the v20 & the v30.. almost got the v50 but bailed on it.. good choice I guess..

Chad Higgins

I agree no update from Sprint is unacceptable! They are usually 1st to update. But I must say the V40 runs fast and smooth still. And that display is amazing!

Ferick Andrew

I got the sprint variant of V40 and I'm already on Pie for couple of months now. V405UA right?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview