News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad L340-17IRH Review: The well-rounded mid-range gaming notebook is unable to reach its full performance potential

Started by Redaktion, September 16, 2019, 21:24:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to the Core i5-9300H processor and the GeForce GTX-1650 graphics core, the IdeaPad is able to bring all the current computer games smoothly to the matte 17.3-inch display (FHD, IPS). They are accompanied by a NVMe SSD, 16 GB of working memory, and a good battery life. Unfortunately, the working memory is only able to run in single-channel mode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-L340-17IRH-Review-The-well-rounded-mid-range-gaming-notebook-is-unable-to-reach-its-full-performance-potential.434845.0.html

william blake

QuoteAt brightness levels of 20% and lower, the display unfortunately produces some flickering at a frequency of 250 Hz. This relatively low frequency could lead to headaches or eye problems for sensitive users.
this robotic writing style always pisses me off. "20% or lower" means NO flickering. NEVER.

MrGold

Hmmm. There are several problems in your methodology I find. I was looking through some of your reviews of gtx 1650 equipped laptops to see if it is worth upgrading from a 1050ti. I went to your you page and the overall results are all over the place in a way that doesn't make sense. I think the reason is that you use aggregated results from multiple laptops that can be cpu  and ram limited and so you cannot establish a proper comparison. Also in games with multiple APIs (like F1 2019) you don't specify which one is being used.

I then went to the 2070 super page to double check and you had a regular 2070 outperforming it in some benchmarks which leads me to the conclusion that you did not take into account different levels of equipment. Please be more careful in the future. Your website is a reference and this doesn't look good.

Joerg Boettiger

I've had this laptop for almost two years now, and I have to say I expected better from lenovo. I use the computer mainly for work (graphic & web design) and even though I can use all my Adobe programs, I'm often finding myself maxed out on RAM if I have even just one Adobe program and chrome open at the same time. If I'm working with bigger files, crashes are not uncommon.

Perhaps more annoying than these performance issues is the poor quality or the hardware. For one, there are only two USB ports - one of these was broken right out of the box. Now I have to unplug my mouse every time I want to plug in a USB stick or printer. The shift key on my keyboard has also cracked.

My previous laptop was a lenovo thinkpad which is over 7 years old now, and even though it's slowed down a bit, it has aged far better than this one.

Overall, it's a decent laptop, but it's definitely not as robust as the older thinkpads and the usb port issue is a big annoiance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview