News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Hexa-core i7-10710U sample underachieves in Cinebench R15 and R20 benchmarks; trails behind AMD's quad-core Ryzen 7 3700U

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2019, 21:14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A 6-core Comet Lake Intel Core i7-10710U has been put through the rigors of Cinebench R15 and R20 and has apparently struggled with the multi-core testing aspects of the benchmarks. AMD's 15 W quad-core APU, the Ryzen 7 3700U, was able to achieve better scores in R15. The Intel chip is a part of the same MSI Prestige 15 laptop that was recently spotted on Geekbench and UserBenchmark.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Hexa-core-i7-10710U-sample-underachieves-in-Cinebench-R15-and-R20-benchmarks-trails-behind-AMD-s-quad-core-Ryzen-7-3700U.434760.0.html

AlcatrazZ

Probably left the performance mode on "Comfort" in MSI Creator Center which limits the Cpu Tdp to 15W. If that guy switches the performance mode to "Sport" ( 25w maybe 28W) which is similar to how Intel designed power consumption of this cpu( pl1 pl2 ), he'll get results that are close to an 8750H.

R31ya

Trailing behind a ryzen 7 which is cheaper and based on amd old architecture is not that great position for intel.

By 2020 or so newer and current desktop amd 7nm chips will go mobile and will leap ahead in terms of efficiency and performance.
Intel need to catch up.

Pete Smith

Damn these ryzen are so fast.

I've just bought a 3700x for my desktop and its night and day compared to the I7 3770k it replaced.

Now looking for a new laptop and it will definitely be AMD now but I will be wanting ryzen 2 with hopefully navi graphics for some gaming.

Any idea on when these might be released?
Theres gonna be a shortage though, it seems everyone wants them and TSMC cant make them fast enough. Not a bad problem to have for AMD.

Cass

i'm a few weeks late to the article, but i do actually have the prestige 15.
my cinebench r15 scores were 1220 multi / 160 single
my cinebench r20 scores were 2546 multi / 396 single
granted, these weren't run in the best testing environment, but they're also far far higher than the posted scores to the point where that likely doesn't matter much.
single-core score still rough, though.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview